2023 Real World Mod (Released Version: 12.4)

2023 Real World Mod (Released Version: 12.4)

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:11 pm

Hello, the following is a Realworld mod that contains a number of updates to represent realworld information for the pro basketball '23 game. Feel free to download and use if you like.

If you notice any issues while using the mod, please post here for consideration.

DISCLAIMER
The installer and materials contained within the Real World Mod are provided "as is" and the user assumes all risk of downloading, installing, and using the mod. It is possible that your security software may report a possible risk with the file(s) as each software has it's own methods of identifying threats. A number of security software products are proactive in flagging relatively unknown files (such as mods) or installers as a risk in order to be extremely cautious as they should be. Since the file(s) get posted on the internet and on file hosting sites, I can't control and don't assume responsibility for what might happen to the file(s) and whether an actual threat gets attached. It's each person's responsibility to download, install, and use the mod.

What's Included

NBA

- League Logo (this will overwrite the game's default league logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- Eastern Conference Logo (this will overwrite the game's default logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- Western Conference Logo (this will overwrite the game's default logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- (30) Team Names, Arena Names, Arena capacity, Arena Date, Owner Names, Logos
- Jerseys for displaying on main game screens when not using real photos
- Jerseys for displaying home/away/alternate Jerseys during 2D games
- 30 NBA real courts (thanks to SRT-LeBron for the floor designs)

Note: Information for NBA teams will be the same, regardless of the league year being used. This means names, logos, arena info, owner info, etc. will always be based on modern NBA versus what it was for a specific year. To the best of my knowledge, the game does not have a way to mod differently per league year.

NBA G League (Development)

- League Logo (this will overwrite the game's default league logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- (28) Team Names, Arena Names, Arena capacity, Arena Date, Owner Names, Logos, Changed Some NBA Team Affiliations

Note: In real life there are currently only (28) G-League teams (that aren't exhibition oriented) but the game requires (30) teams so that (1) can be assigned to each NBA team. Therefore two NBA teams still assigned to generic d-league teams.

College

- (333) School Names, Nicknames, Logos

What's Not Included

- No Real Player Photos
- No real player/coach rosters (the base game already includes these)

How to Install Non-Steam Version

1) Make sure the Pro Basketball 2023 Game is installed.

2) Download the Realworld mod from https://mega.nz/file/KA4UnRbD#JL4uKjWcF ... UvQII3P5Xw

3) Extract the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Non-Steam.zip file to a temp folder like c:\temp

4) Run the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Non-Steam.exe file (if your security programs block it, you'll need to make sure to add an exception to allow its installation)

5) In the destination folder box, you must put the path where you installed the game. By default it uses "C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB2023", but you can change to any path where you installed the game.

6) Create a new league within the game (will not update any existing leagues--besides graphics). When creating a new league you must UNCHECK the "Randomize Owner Characteristics" checkbox on the League Settings screen, otherwise you won't get real owner names.

How to Install Steam Version

1) Make sure the Pro Basketball 2023 Game is installed.

2) Download the Realworld mod from https://mega.nz/file/HZBFCZBY#cDJ383Zah ... HOIcumS7Qw

3) Extract the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Steam.zip file to a temp folder like c:\temp

4) Run the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Steam.exe file (if your security programs block it, you'll need to make sure to add an exception to allow its installation)

5) In the destination folder box, you must put the path where you installed the game. By default it uses "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2023", but you can change to any path where you installed the game.

6) Create a new league within the game (will not update any existing leagues--besides graphics). When creating a new league you must UNCHECK the "Randomize Owner Characteristics" checkbox on the League Settings screen, otherwise you won't get real owner names.

If you follow those steps, you should be good to go. If any problems, feel free to post here and will do my best to help.

Note: If you ever reinstall the game and/or install a game patch that replaces a number of the data files, you'll need to reinstall this mod in order to work again. Typically when game patches are released, I'll release an updated version of the mod to stay in synch.

Why Do I update the Mod After Each Full/Patch Release
Within the mod there are two databases included...the default database and the historical database. The way modding works requires updating those databases so that is why included in my mod. Typically I would prefer not to include those types of core game things, but no way around it for modding certain things (i.e. team names, gm names, arena info, etc.)

Every time there is a patch release, there is a "potential" the developer made changes to those databases for other reasons (i.e. bug fixes, updated coaches/players, etc.) although doesn't happen with each patch and probably is infrequent. Instead of taking a chance that people playing with my mod would have outdated database files, I recreate my mod each time using the latest databases regardless if they changed.
Last edited by slybelle1 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:33 am, edited 8 times in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: 2023 Real World Mod (Released Version: 12.0)

Postby Mwilliams01 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:42 pm

Thank you so much for this! And for all your hard work on all the other releases you’ve done.
Mwilliams01

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:23 am

The mod god slybelle strikes again
Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:06 pm

Hey sly, one thing I noticed from last year's mod and now .. I think the Orlando Magic logo is stretched/warped? Not the dimensions of the other logos. Thanks
Chris

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:41 am

Chris wrote:Hey sly, one thing I noticed from last year's mod and now .. I think the Orlando Magic logo is stretched/warped? Not the dimensions of the other logos. Thanks

Original link updated.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby markprior22 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:51 pm

Thanks Sly!
markprior22

Postby cdcool » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:57 pm

Nice!
cdcool

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:07 pm

Updated the mod for the latest game update. Also with this update, I added NBA uniforms that will show up if you play out a game. Example images below.

Last edited by slybelle1 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:47 pm

Mod updated to reflect the full release of the game, plus added Steam version of the installer.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:44 pm

I have added the real NBA court floor layouts to the Real World mod. The floor designs are from "SRT-LebRon" who is a modder who creates very nice courts for the NBA 2k video game and has given me permission to include in the mod. A real special thanks for allowing it!

To use, you'll need to download the new version of the mod and install it, then start a new league. It won't work with an existing league.

Below are a few examples.

slybelle1
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023-24 Mods