2024 Real World Mod (Released Version: 13.0)

2024 Real World Mod (Released Version: 13.0)

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:47 pm

Hello, the following is a Realworld mod that contains a number of updates to represent realworld information for the pro basketball '24 game. Feel free to download and use if you like.

DISCLAIMER
The installer and materials contained within the Real World Mod are provided "as is" and the user assumes all risk of downloading, installing, and using the mod. It is possible that your security software may report a possible risk with the file(s) as each software has it's own methods of identifying threats. A number of security software products are proactive in flagging relatively unknown files (such as mods) or installers as a risk in order to be extremely cautious as they should be. Since the file(s) get posted on the internet and on file hosting sites, I can't control and don't assume responsibility for what might happen to the file(s) and whether an actual threat gets attached. It's each person's responsibility to download, install, and use the mod.

What's Included

NBA

- League Logo (this will overwrite the game's default league logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- Eastern Conference Logo (this will overwrite the game's default logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- Western Conference Logo (this will overwrite the game's default logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- (30) Team Names, Arena Names, Arena capacity, Arena Date, Owner Names, Logos
- Jerseys for displaying on main game screens when not using real photos
- Jerseys for displaying home/away/alternate Jerseys during 2D games
- 30 NBA real courts (thanks to SRT-LeBron for the floor designs)

Note: Information for NBA teams will be the same, regardless of the league year being used. This means names, logos, arena info, owner info, etc. will always be based on modern NBA versus what it was for a specific year. To the best of my knowledge, the game does not have a way to mod differently per league year.

NBA G League (Development)

- League Logo (this will overwrite the game's default league logo--backup original if you want to keep)
- (28) Team Names, Arena Names, Arena capacity, Arena Date, Owner Names, Logos, Changed Some NBA Team Affiliations

Note: In real life there are currently only (28) G-League teams (that aren't exhibition oriented) but the game requires (30) teams so that (1) can be assigned to each NBA team. Therefore two NBA teams still assigned to generic d-league teams.

College

- (333) School Names, Nicknames, Logos

What's Not Included

- No Real Player Photos
- No real player/coach rosters (the base game already includes these)

How to Install Non-Steam Version

1) Make sure the Pro Basketball 2024 Game is installed.
2) Download the Realworld mod from https://mega.nz/file/HZBDWCBZ#u8yO6_xDt ... v7ispC0FAE
3) Extract the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Non-Steam-v13.0b.zip file to a temp folder like c:\temp
4) Run the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Non-Steam-v13.0b.exe file (if your security programs block it, you'll need to make sure to add an exception to allow its installation)
5) In the destination folder box, you must put the path where you installed the game. By default it uses "C:\Wolverine Studios\DDSPB2024", but you can change to any path where you installed the game.
6) Create a new league within the game (will not update any existing leagues--besides graphics). When creating a new league you must UNCHECK the "Randomize Owner Characteristics" checkbox on the League Settings screen, otherwise you won't get real owner names.

How to Install Steam Version

1) Make sure the Pro Basketball 2024 Game is installed.
2) Download the Realworld mod from https://mega.nz/file/DEBS3LhS#2YwRqtMfR ... RPjh6LE4Bs
3) Extract the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Steam-v13.0.zip file to a temp folder like c:\temp
4) Run the DDSPB-RW-Mod-Steam-v13.0.exe file (if your security programs block it, you'll need to make sure to add an exception to allow its installation)
5) In the destination folder box, you must put the path where you installed the game. By default it uses "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2024", but you can change to any path where you installed the game.
6) Create a new league within the game (will not update any existing leagues--besides graphics). When creating a new league you must UNCHECK the "Randomize Owner Characteristics" checkbox on the League Settings screen, otherwise you won't get real owner names.

If you follow those steps, you should be good to go. If any problems, feel free to post here and will do my best to help.

Note: If you ever reinstall the game and/or install a game patch that replaces a number of the data files, you'll need to reinstall this mod in order to work again. Typically when game patches are released, I'll release an updated version of the mod to stay in synch.

Why Mod Requires Updating
Within the mod there are two databases included...the default database and the historical database. The way modding works requires updating those databases so that is why included in my mod. Typically I would prefer not to include those types of core game things, but no way around it for modding certain things (i.e. team names, gm names, arena info, etc.)

Every time there is a patch release, there is a "potential" the developer made changes to those databases for other reasons (i.e. bug fixes, updated coaches/players, etc.) although doesn't happen with each patch and probably is infrequent. Instead of taking a chance that people playing with my mod would have outdated database files, I recreate my mod each time using the latest databases regardless if they changed.
Last edited by slybelle1 on Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: 2024 Real World Mod (Released Version: 13.0b)

Postby Mwilliams01 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:06 pm

You're amazing! Thank you for your hard work every year :D
Mwilliams01

Postby jaricma » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:00 pm

Thank you!!
jaricma

Postby VCJones3526 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:41 am

So I have a steam version so do i use the 2023 download?
VCJones3526

Postby drummerJ99 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:06 am

VCJones3526 wrote:So I have a steam version so do i use the 2023 download?

Sly will have to create an installer for the steam version (a reason I prefer just zip files). If you don't want to wait you can download the zip and run it, extract it to a central location. And then once it's all extracted copy the contents over to where you had steam download it.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:41 am

drummerJ99 wrote:
VCJones3526 wrote:So I have a steam version so do i use the 2023 download?

Sly will have to create an installer for the steam version (a reason I prefer just zip files). If you don't want to wait you can download the zip and run it, extract it to a central location. And then once it's all extracted copy the contents over to where you had steam download it.

It will be created today. Use to use just a zip file, but vast majority of people don't know where and how to successfully use it so it just generated a ton of questions and problems. With an installer it can help them put in correct place.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: 2024 Real World Mod (Released Version: 13.0)

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:02 am

Steam version of mod created with instructions in first post, along with updated non-steam version based on released version of the game. Recommend reinstalling if you previously used the mod.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby glenmere14 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:24 am

Thanks and thanks for all your DDS work!
glenmere14

Postby hawglaw » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:48 pm

Thanks for all of this. Quick question... How do you edit the owners? Here is the problem. Mat Ishbia came in to the Suns and spent a ton of money. However, in this mod, his "desire to spend" is among the lowest in the league. Due to that, one of my goals is to have a roster at 130M. So, I am immediately stuck because my roster is at 180M+... because he actually has a huge desire to spend. Other than not being realistic, it put you at a handicap from the very beginning. Thoughts?
hawglaw

Postby mgsports » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:44 pm

Will it work in Demo?
mgsports

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023-24 Mods