SUGGESTIONS and Requests

SUGGESTIONS and Requests

Postby servo75 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:03 am

* Faster transition in between screens
    * When changing teams in dropdown, can we stay on the same screen (e.g. roster) instead of going to that team's "home page"?
    * More flexible substitutions in depth chart. Sub an OL as TE (tackle eligible that we often see), CB as S, FB as TE (we can already do the reverse for these last two)
    * Training reports in franchise - Can they be more specific? It just lists a player and trait. Maybe an easier way to see which ratings go up by how much. Even in the players' progress tab, it slows a line graph where it's hard to see the numbers with much precision. Nice to have these in table form as well.
    * Require dress lists, perhaps 45 by default but changeable.
    * Depth charts should be more flexible. There is no 3TE formation. Maybe allow depth charts for packages, one for 21 personnel, another for 11, one for 4-3, another for 3-4. Not have the same set of positions on each.
    * Ability to change roster sizes. Maybe a league wants to play with a 47 man or even 60 man roster.
    * In game watching, can there be a way to either zoom in manually, or even just show the play closer up? Right now it shows the entire field and the formation is tough to see, it looks like a jumble of players. It would be nice to see the formation closer up. Several "camera views"? Alternatively, just keep one view but make it closer?
    * Can we have customized saved playcalling profiles as we have for game plans? This is the screen where we select run/pass frequency, primary WR, 3rd down back, blitz vs. cover, etc.
    * In custom league creation, it would be nice to have a guide with better description what custom schedules do. For example, doesn't say # divisions or conferences or what playoff format. Custom playoff format?
    * Export an online multiplayer league file to a single player league with other GMS as CPU-controlled?
    * I LOVE the fact that the league will export into CSV and even an Access database! Can there be a way to import those files back in? This is personal for me because as an Access database designer, we could make league management apps operating outside the game.
    * Jersey Numbers
    -- Prevent players from having duplicate jersey numbers? Generated rosters have multiple players with the same jersey number, and assigning a jersey number does not prevent duplicate numbers.
    -- Retired jersey numbers?
    -- Ability to enforce numbering rules? Don't allow single-digit numbers for linemen, etc.
    * Reforming the in-season signing of free agents.
    -- Why are they all just $500K? If there is no negotiation, then instead of a fixed salary, make it a formula based on position, OVR and years in league?
    -- Fixed 1-year salaries as above but ability to negotiate multi-year deals?
    * Salary Cap
    -- Can we have signing bonuses?
    -- Off-season use the "Top 51" rule. of the player's salary. Cutting younger players and rookies generally has no cap penalty because no signing bonus.
    -- If no signing bonus, have a more nuanced method of figuring cap penalty. Alternative would be waiving the cap penalty if the cut player has 1 year or less experience and cut happens prior to regular season Week 1.
    -- Right now the cap penalty is simply 1/3But als* o, cutting ANY player shouldn't be a 1/3 penalty, especially lower level players who would not normally have a signing bonus.
    - Signing free agency, get a good idea, like an interest meter of how likely a player is to accept an offer, before the offer is made.
    - Signing bonus and how are cuts dealt with in salary cap? Just having the blanket 1/3 penalty is not realistic. Low draft picks and free agents at the 53-player cutdown normally have little to no signing bonus, therefore no cap penalty. The 1/3 is too generic.
servo75

Re: SUGGESTIONS and Requests

Postby AKH » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:51 am

thanks for the suggestions. We will keep them in mind. Here are a few comments that may be helpful.

Why are they all just $500K? If there is no negotiation, then instead of a fixed salary, make it a formula based on position, OVR and years in league?
---> you can customize this in league settings.

Right now the cap penalty is simply 1/3
---> you can customize this in league settings

Prevent players from having duplicate jersey numbers? Generated rosters have multiple players with the same jersey number, and assigning a jersey number does not prevent duplicate numbers.
---> we used to have a button you could click that fixed this leaguewide, maybe the button got lost in transitions between versions. (will consider adding it back in for next version)

Can there be a way to import those files back in?
---> yes you can import most of them, you just need to convert them from csv to json. There should be a converter in the modding forum somewhere.

Nice to have these in table form as well.
---> there used to be a list/table next to the graphs, maybe it got lost between versions. (will consider adding it back in for next version)

Depth charts should be more flexible. There is no 3TE formation.
---> there is a logic for how the DC lines up for formations with more of a position than it lists (e.g. 4wr and 3Te) - as a rule of thumb it uses the 2nd string of the first slot (e.g. second string of WR1 for WR4, or second string of TE1 for TE3) in those cases - you can use the "view formation" button to see who it puts where.
AKH

Postby servo75 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:00 am

I don't know if I brought this up, but in league formats, I wish it would be clearer what each format does, in terms of teams per division, how many divisions, how many games/weeks, playoff format ahead of time, or ability to customize them more. For instance, I want to do the XFL or new USFL, 8 team, 2 division, 10 game, 4 team playoff. But I can't find a way to do that.

I also have a concern about scheduling. Does the game use, for 32 team 17 game, the NFL scheduling format? We're in 2025 right now and we're not playing against the correct divisions. I also notice unusual schedules, such as 3 or 4 home/road games in a row, etc. I don't know how easy this is to manage, of course it's nice that we can import schedules, though making an NFL schedule is not an easy thing to do :)

I do have a question, if we start a custom league 4x2 as I describe above, even though it comes with an 18 game schedule, we can still import a 10-game schedule, right?
servo75

Postby servo75 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:45 am

On the Playcalling screen, we can choose from our HC, OC, or Custom profiles. But could we be able to save a profile of our own? And why does the playbook need to be selected separately for each situation? It would be nice to have a way to select a playbook and have it apply to all scenarios.
servo75

Postby JDB » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:18 am

The first item on this list about making the game faster and more efficient in how it handles data at times is the most important in my opinion. The game is getting increasing slower in certain areas in addition to transitions between screens.

-Saves are taking longer to load at startup, sometimes well over 5 minutes.

-Even though this isn’t as bad as it was in the past, we continue to see occasional freezes/crashes when simming through multiple weeks worth of games. There should probably be a limit on how many games we can sim through at once. Also the sim multiple seasons function should probably be removed

-Adding custom plays the game significantly slows the game at at certain stages, specifically the all star/pro/senior bowl and during the staff hiring phase.

-Similar to what OOTP allows, could we have option to somehow “purge” or delete certain items in our league history?
JDB

Postby servo75 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:26 pm

Another thought: During player negotiations, have players make counter-offers. Too often it's a wild guessing game to be anywhere near what a player will sign for. The "suggested minimum contract" is vague and I've also noticed it tends to change each time I go into the contract window. Or some other games have had meters when an offer is proposed indicating how likely he is to accept (with a margin of error).
servo75

Postby servo75 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:40 am

servo75 wrote:I don't know if I brought this up, but in league formats, I wish it would be clearer what each format does, in terms of teams per division, how many divisions, how many games/weeks, playoff format ahead of time, or ability to customize them more. For instance, I want to do the XFL or new USFL, 8 team, 2 division, 10 game, 4 team playoff. But I can't find a way to do that.

I also have a concern about scheduling. Does the game use, for 32 team 17 game, the NFL scheduling format? We're in 2025 right now and we're not playing against the correct divisions. I also notice unusual schedules, such as 3 or 4 home/road games in a row, etc. I don't know how easy this is to manage, of course it's nice that we can import schedules, though making an NFL schedule is not an easy thing to do :)

I do have a question, if we start a custom league 4x2 as I describe above, even though it comes with an 18 game schedule, we can still import a 10-game schedule, right?

I've also noticed strange things with the current pre-set league formats.Here are examples:

* 24team 14 game has only in-conference games.
* 16 team 4 division plays EVERY conference team twice leaving only 2 non-conf games
* 12team 3 division still has 2 conferences. Why? This makes one conference with 8 teams and another with 4. Scheduling seems random, playing 2x 1x, some teams play all other teams, some don't. Therefore in playoffs, all 4 teams in the one-div conference make the playoffs but only 4 of the 8 teams in the other conference. That's a head scratcher. Why not have 3 divisions without conferences? Could we have that as a custom option?
servo75

Postby servo75 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:48 am

Can we be more flexible with roster sizes? Does it have to be only 40 or 53? Why not 45? Or 60? I don't see any reason why a custom size would affect the coding of the game at all. Except for roster max/min. But all we really need are minimums really and those are independent of the roster size.
servo75

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion