Rather disappointed

Rather disappointed

Postby Runwald13 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:12 am

I'd have to say that I am a bit disappointed that issues I brought up in the 21 version, remain unresolved 2 versions later. If unchanged and leaving the "AI" to set lineups, it ALWAYS simply puts in the linebackers that normally are pulled, as the dime or nickel backs if their rating is higher than the DBs rating... In reality, a 80 rated LB with 65 speed would be pulled out in ANY "Dime package" and replaced by a DB ...even if the DB was rated 70 lol.
The "AI" play calling still has the same issues also...calling FB dives on 3rd and 5 at midfield while trailing by 3 and 2 minutes to play would probably get a coach fired...but happens multiple times here. Dime defenses called by the defensive AI on 3rd and 1...

Then the Draft "logic" with one team in my first season here...drafting TEs with their 1st,2nd,3rd,and 5th draft choices.

On the bright side, in multi-player, the AI can be avoided. Just as I did with '21 I have taken the control of all teams, which is a MAJOR annoyance every week....but between that and building "situational playbooks" for offense and defense for each team (took a long time but worth it) the results have been good and the second season with this '23 version is a lot more fun.
Runwald13

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion