Defense

Defense

Postby RaidersFan65 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:23 pm

Two things I'd like to see on defense.

1) Ability to match up a defense to an offensive formation. For example, if on 1st and 10 I am against a Pro Set, but I know the TE is very good receiver, I might want to play a Nickel defense rather than a 4-3 Base.
2) Ability to choose who is covered by a player in Man to Man defense. I have a blitz in Nickel where both my LBs blitz, and all 5 of my other players (3 CBs, 2 Safeties) are in Cover. But instead of each of them taking a man, the safeties go to the outside receivers, leaving the RB and TE wide open. I'd LIKE the FS to cover the TE, as he is basically over him, and the SS to cover the RB.... but I can't make that happen and the AI isn't smart enough to figure that out. This would also allow the ability to choose what player to double if I want to double a dangerous player.

Overall, the creation of plays, calling your own plays, etc. adds a LOT to strategy, and I love that aspect. But it looks like it was put in place then forgotten once you felt you had some balance... rather than continuing to add more depth to the strategy of the game.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this.
RaidersFan65

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion