Alternate Ratings

Alternate Ratings

Postby RaidersFan65 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:32 pm

I know when you create a league you can have your own rating system in place for player overall ratings. If I create my own ratings, does that affect the player's ability? For example, if I made Intelligence, Arm, and Accuracy each 30% of the QB rating and a few other things the last 10%, that would change what his overall rating is, but would it change his actual play on the field? Also, would it change his request for salary?

I sorta like specific types of players at different positions, and I'd like to be able to put my own idea of overall ratings in so I can more easily scout players for my team, but I don't want to do it if it will change their play or their salary requirements. Right now, there are some positions where I prefer guys who are rated in the mid 60s to mid 70s, and they don't ask for a lot in salary. With my ratings, they'd be upper 80s to low 90s, and I like paying them low amounts even though they have big stats. :)
RaidersFan65

Re: Alternate Ratings

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:39 pm

Overall ratings will not affect the engine. They do affect some UI related things, but otherwise the engine looks at specific ratings. So yes, if you change things like Arm, Int, etc. it could drastically affect results.
brooks_piggott

Re: Alternate Ratings

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:27 pm

I like this feature. In the basketball games, I'll create my own formula for overall ratings (in sandbox mode) and contrast against the game's overall. Then I can see which players have a better rating because of their specialties vs the collection of ratings. Most players line up pretty close in both ratings, but the standouts are players that need the right situation to be successful or failures. Anyways, done rambling. The feature is pretty cool.
jlemmen43

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion