Motion - End Arounds and Jet Sweeps

Motion - End Arounds and Jet Sweeps

Postby coachcbjii » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:21 am

@Brooks or @AKH or anyone else for that matter.

Is there a way to hand the ball off to Receivers like Jet Sweeps and Reverses? Is that what Motion Jet Sweep "Spot" or Motion End Around "Spot" means?
What exactly does spot mean?
I do not see an option to hand off to them (sweep, offtackle, etc) after putting them in motion. If this is not possible, can this be added in a patch?
Because what is the point of motioning someone in front of, behind, or next to the QB and not being able to hand him the ball?

Can we get a list of what all the different motions mean? I mean I make make a bunch of dummy plays and see where the players end up and figure it out but it would be good to know where these motions go exactly.

Thank you for a great game!
coachcbjii

Re: Motion - End Arounds and Jet Sweeps

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:30 am

The spot ones motion you directly to a spot on the field... the other motions are relative to their current position. So if they're wide left and you motion them wide left they'll go even further left. The spot ones are much easier to understand.

If you want to hand off to one of those guys you have to set their pct in the play to 100 or some high number so they get selected as the ball carrier.
brooks_piggott

Postby coachcbjii » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:35 am

Ok, I get setting them with 100 percent but How do they know where to run? Example - Sweep, Draw, off tackle etc. Do you just choose flat L/R. There is no option to add a Run Pattern to TE/WR
coachcbjii

Postby JDB » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:34 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:The spot ones motion you directly to a spot on the field... the other motions are relative to their current position. So if they're wide left and you motion them wide left they'll go even further left. The spot ones are much easier to understand.

Could you clarify this a little bit more? I’m having a hard time understanding what the “spot” motions mean. What would be the difference between motion wide left and motion wide left spot?
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:29 pm

Spot ones go directly to a spot on the field... so directly next to the QB or to wide left slot. The other ones are additive to where they lined up... so if you're on the left and you motion left in theory you could run out of bounds.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:40 pm

So does “motion left wide spot” mean that whichever player I assign it to will line up where the left wide receiver normally lines up regardless where they are in the default formation? And “motion left wide” means they will just move to the left? This doesn’t appear to be happening in the 2d.
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:04 am

Yup, that's how it was designed. It will still show them lining up however the formation and play are set, but then they'll motion/teleport to the desired spot at snap.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:09 am

The 2d display does not show it this way. Should I just ignore what it is showing at this point?
JDB

Postby JDB » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:26 pm

Just to clarify, I am trying to set up a trips formation on the left play. I start with shotgun 4wr and I set WR2 "motion left wide left spot" WR3 "motion left slot spot" WR4 "motion left tight spot." This should give me WR 2-4 lined up on the left of the formation and WR1 lined up on the right. Is that correct? What the 2d display is showing is the three motioned receivers lined up behind the QB. Is this just a glitch with the 2d display or with the spot motion commands themselves? I would like to know if what I think I'm creating is actually what is happening.
JDB

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion