New to PF2023

New to PF2023

Postby TexAgs75 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:12 am

Hello,
I just purchased this game on Steam, and I downloaded the Real World Football Mod, but is there a mod that has the player pics. I would not mind fake pictures so much if they were in line with the players skin color. My first league (Chargers) has QB Hebert as a dark skinned player. There are a number of off colored players in the various rosters. Is there a way to correct that, but better yet is there a mod for the player pics. I saw a thread on the General Board for 2023 player pics but that link was taken down. I also saw a link for PF2020 player pics and was afraid to download that, not knowing if it was compatible to the 2023 game. Thanks for any help.

-TexAgs75
TexAgs75

Re: New to PF2023

Postby AKH » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:49 am

AKH

Postby AKH » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:52 am

(or was that the file you found was deleted?)
AKH

Postby TexAgs75 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:03 am

Yes, that is the file that I found and the link was taken down. So with 25 views and no positive responses, I assume there is not a picture pack. So if that's the case can someone just explain to me the whole picture issue in DDSPF2023? Is there a way to change/reset each individual players photo so that at least all the players have the proper (real life) skin color, or is all that is available just the entire league reset, which changes every picture, but winds up with the same issue as I described. Thanks, appreciate it.
TexAgs75

Postby dbassitt6 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Player’s faces are auto generated each time you start a new save. Sometimes the skin color will match their real life counter part and other times they will not. There is no way around this that I know of (outside of manually changing them inside each save) unfortunately without a working photo pack.
dbassitt6

Postby jaytuomi » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:54 pm

Hey Tex! Welcome to the game.

I went through the same initial disappointment that you did, but after going through the effort to fix, realized I probably didn't care as much as I thought I would!

But here's what I did. Start here and follow the instructions:
viewtopic.php?f=285&t=32477

That gets you the player pack from 2020-21, which is approximately 80% of the league. From there, I went through to any recently drafted rookie I was particularly interested in "seeing". I went to NFL.com, snipped a 300x300 png of the player's headshot. I then saved that headshot to the same data/images/players file as the others. Use the file nomenclature "firstname_lastname". Then eventually you will see that certain individuals have the exact same name (example: Josh Allen). What you will want to do is rather than use the "firstname_lastname" you will want to use that particular's player ID number. You can find each players ID within your league file (to be honest, that exact location is escaping me but if you've made it this far...I suspect you will be determined to keep going).

Eventually, in a couple years, a number of fictional draft picks will join your league and you'll start identifying the "OGs" based on seeing their real picture. At least that's where I'm at.

Good luck!! Feel free to post any more Qs, lots of great folks on here who have all kinds of good information on this game.
jaytuomi

Postby TexAgs75 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:12 pm

jaytuomi wrote:Hey Tex! Welcome to the game.

I went through the same initial disappointment that you did, but after going through the effort to fix, realized I probably didn't care as much as I thought I would!

But here's what I did. Start here and follow the instructions:
viewtopic.php?f=285&t=32477

That gets you the player pack from 2020-21, which is approximately 80% of the league. From there, I went through to any recently drafted rookie I was particularly interested in "seeing". I went to NFL.com, snipped a 300x300 png of the player's headshot. I then saved that headshot to the same data/images/players file as the others. Use the file nomenclature "firstname_lastname". Then eventually you will see that certain individuals have the exact same name (example: Josh Allen). What you will want to do is rather than use the "firstname_lastname" you will want to use that particular's player ID number. You can find each players ID within your league file (to be honest, that exact location is escaping me but if you've made it this far...I suspect you will be determined to keep going).

Eventually, in a couple years, a number of fictional draft picks will join your league and you'll start identifying the "OGs" based on seeing their real picture. At least that's where I'm at.

Good luck!! Feel free to post any more Qs, lots of great folks on here who have all kinds of good information on this game.

So the players in this 2021 league will work in the 2023 game?
TexAgs75

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:35 pm

Yea, the format and method of using the player pictures hasn't changed so other than gaps for players that weren't around in 20/21 you should get most of them.
brooks_piggott

Postby TexAgs75 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:18 am

Thanks. I have completed this task, and yes it takes care of a lot of players, but leaves much individual work still to be done. I will do so at an "as time permits" basis.

One question though in regards to naming convention. When there are two players with the same name (Josh Allen - Bills/Jags) is there a way for both players to have their respective image, or do you just have to pick one, and both players in the game (unfortunately) will have the image named "josh_allen"?
TexAgs75

Postby Invisible Witness » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:49 am

TexAgs75 wrote:Thanks. I have completed this task, and yes it takes care of a lot of players, but leaves much individual work still to be done. I will do so at an "as time permits" basis.

One question though in regards to naming convention. When there are two players with the same name (Josh Allen - Bills/Jags) is there a way for both players to have their respective image, or do you just have to pick one, and both players in the game (unfortunately) will have the image named "josh_allen"?

In those situation use the player ID number when naming the picture. Each player has his unique # assigned to him. One way to find that number is to export database
Invisible Witness

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion