DDSPF 24

DDSPF 24

Postby NBryant » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:59 pm

I know, this is the 23 thread but since there is no dedicated 24 thread yet I thought I would inject this here and see where it goes.

Question(s). I know there is a lot of work going into 24 and was hoping that there would be a thread started that outlined the changes/additions being developed understanding that they may not all end up in the final product. Any updates on: Graphics, interface, AI, financials, historical, rules changes, historical rule selections, anything that we could nibble on as we anticipate whats coming? Is there a current project roadmap that provides that insight? I think we all know that there are a few contributors that you probably lean on and may bounce things off of them but as a community I know there is a lot of interest with viable input or maybe even solutions.

I will continue to pray for a move more to becoming a historical simulation despite understanding this is not todays position is more aligned with a fotbal game. One can dreeam.
NBryant

Re: DDSPF 24

Postby AKH » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:25 am

I know that brooks has been tinkering with something very neat, but it is too early to discuss. I myself also keep a list with ideas (it currently holds about 10 entries) for things to add (some minor some bigger).

I think at this point it is premature to divulge any details for two reasons:
1) while I am on board with your sentiment and know that you are reasonable NBryant, if we talk about anything now that eventually doesnt make it in, we are inevitably going to get a bunch of "we were promised X" complaints from people who did not read your disclaimer.
2) we do not want to post spoilers, since these are the kind of things we reveal and present in the dev dynasty streams, and that medium is better because we can present the stuff in detail and answer questions live.

HOWEVER!
As always: You and everyone else are very welcome to post suggestions or ideas (try keeping them in this thread maybe, makes it easier for us to keep tabs on what has been posted).
And secondly, as you know, I make an effort regularly to drop by the discord channels of many of the online leagues and hang out/lurk for a week or so (until i clean up my discord server list because it clutters) to ensure the dev team are accessible for people with questions or ideas, and to gauge the sentiments in the community - so if you see me on discord feel free to spam me ideas, questions or suggestions (my tag is "etc" but I try to change my server name to "AKH" when I do this if possible). Of course you can always catch us here, on the wolverine discord, or the wolverine slack channel as well :)
AKH

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion