Teams.xml Modding and More

Teams.xml Modding and More

Postby NBryant » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:27 pm

A few questions and/or considerations:

1) Is it/would it be possible to expand on the teams.xml file and to have the changes pulled into the game instead of the game being hard coded and pulling the information?

i.e. If creating a historical file for the 70-75 format would it be possible to create an entry for each year vice the 6 year spread? Why? There were graphic changes that occur during this sample window. Having independent entries would allow the creation of a historical/semi-historical timeline that a player and or league commish could use without the hassle of having to import graphic links themselves. At creation the game would pull that starting data and as the player or league progresses have the game update the graphic link to reflect any changes that may have occured. There is another way of doing this but having one team.xml would better easier.

2) CAP. Two questions/consioderations. 1st, considering a historical profile simialr to what is implied in question 1 would it be possible to add a seasons starting CAP to the teams.xml file and have the game auto-populate the position ranges? Right now there is a varying percentage range applied for the in-game position ranges. Leave that as it is and in the team.xml the overall CAP number is entered and the game pulls the data then uses it.

2nd, would it be possible on the in-game page to allow the player to input the overall CAP and have the game auto-populate the position ranges. This would streamline and simplify the players input.

3) Historical rosters. This one would intially be painful but in the end would/could aid in helping this game begin developing a historical feel. When developing a roster, by a modder since this isn't a current consideration for the dev team, can there be a means of using the player data files in the game to align the face and hair files to those of historical players? i.e. the player file would have an entry for faceset > a, b or c as well as a similar link to the hair data sets.
NBryant

Re: Teams.xml Modding and More

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:42 pm

I'll add it to the list, but it sounds like it would require a lot of work from the community and a lot of development to support a new and enhanced database of historical seasons, teams, and players. Most likely this will take several releases before we could get to it.
brooks_piggott

Re: Teams.xml Modding and More

Postby NBryant » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:02 am

Appreciate the consideration Brooks. I agree that for anything to really develop there would need to be some heavy input from the community. I think the ROI may not initally seem like its there but once a file is developed I honestly believe it could/would create another level lof interests in your product. There are a couple of serious contenders being developed that are going to syphon off a part of your market pool and anything that both the devs and community can do will help maintain interest.
NBryant

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion