requests for next version

requests for next version

Postby JDB » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:11 pm

These are my requests for the next version of both the college and pro games. I tried to list them in descending order of what I felt was most important:
1. For both games, please make the games run faster

2. For the college game, please allow us to add teams to existing saves in between seasons and have the game generate prestige and region appropriate players for the new teams when starting the new season. This could be done by either allowing us to link a teams.xlm file that includes additional teams or by adding the teams directly on the screen that currently allows us to move teams between conferences. I understand that importing a new custom schedule file would probably have to be required for this

3. For the college game please have the teams' rankings be hidden in the 'play game' view when the 'hide scores' command is enabled.

3. For both games, these are suggestions I'd like to make regarding the custom play creator:
-Allow us to select a range of plays to add to custom playbooks
-Please allow us to edit custom plays by editing the custom plays json files similar to how we can edit players. Trying to mass edit multiple custom plays is extremely tedious right now with us needing to scroll down the list, open a single play,
make the change and repeat the process for each custom play we want to edit.
-Please make the Option and RPO available for us to use in custom offensive plays
-Two new pre-snap motion spot commends to add on offense: commands that would position a player directly behind the left and the right tackles. This would be to mimic the 'flexbone' formation used by teams that run the "triple-option"

4. For both games, things to add to special teams plays:
-Do fumbles, mishandled snaps by kickers, and muffs by returners even happen in this game on special teams plays? Please add them
-Allow us to call going for the block vs setting up the return on punt defense plays
-Please allow us to call fake punts and fake FG attempts on offense
-Please teach the AI to use play calls "correctly" on CPU teams, possibly based on the 'aggressiveness' attribute of it's head coach
-When team is behind and down to it's last play that happens to be a kick return, have the play result in a series of laterals (i.e Miami miracle, Music City miracle, Stanford band on the field plays) This could probably be a play call as well.
-If would be nice to have these things show up in the 2d play by play display rather than the moving bar, but please don't feel obligated to do it right away if is too difficult.

5. Things to add to advance setting:
-For both games, allow us to adjust the size of the AI coaches' playbooks to whatever we want
-For the collage game, allow us to customize how we want the game to evaluate teams to determine rankings and the playoff field
-For the pro game please allow us to select a customized playoff format

6. For the pro game, give us more overtime format options to select from (the college game format, the NFL format with no ties used in the playoffs made available in the regular season as well, etc.)
JDB

Re: requests for next version

Postby Invisible Witness » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:46 pm

I'd love for 2d to evolve:
Animation for:
- punt/kick returns
- field goals
- celebrations(players bubbles running towards the one that scored TD or QB sprinting over to WR to congratulate on TD catch)
Displaying names(under Player bubble) for players involved in a play.
Displaying player photo and relevant stat info after big play is made by that player(Int, Sack, TD)
Allow/display third team color(border of the bubble or numbers)
Invisible Witness

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion