In-draft trading suggestion

In-draft trading suggestion

Postby jannik » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:12 pm

I know I created this video a few weeks ago but it always comes back into my mind when drafting... It's nearly impossible to trade up fairly or to get real value in return for trading back. Adding something similiar to my suggestion would be a huge upgrade and would make drafting way more fun.

This is my suggestion video: https://youtu.be/aMaIX3jaEEQ
jannik

Re: In-draft trading suggestion

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:08 pm

I'll have to think on a system like this. We already have systems in place to handle making trade offers by the CPU, or you can make offers to the CPU, so this may be redundant. We can certainly look at adding a button for "shop this pick" where it would allow CPU teams to send you offers immediately during the draft instead of waiting for our normal trade logic to kick in.

The trading up is kind of already in the game... it may just need a way for you to make a trade offer from the draft screen instead of having to exit out to save some steps.

And to make things a bit more configurable we could add a "trade difficulty" to the options screen so that if people want to get more trades done we can make it easier. Right now the CPU is very protective of their players and picks and won't normally budge unless you overpay, but an option to make it easier is always possible.
brooks_piggott

Re: In-draft trading suggestion

Postby coachcbjii » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:25 pm

May I suggest if you do add the TRADE DIFFICULTY option that you split it up into trading players and trading picks separately Some teams we more willing to trade players but teams may be more stingy trading draft picks? It would be cool if the option was also in the team info screen and you could adjust it per team. Like Dallas, is easy to trade for players, but difficult to trade for their picks, whereas Washington might be the exact opposite. Food for thought. Always appreciate you listening @Brooks.
coachcbjii

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion