Road to MVP: Suggestions

Road to MVP: Suggestions

Postby charlie » Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:43 pm

Hi. I've been using the game exclusively for online leagues, so today was my first go at opening up this mode.

Thought I'd post up suggestions as I play through it.

Number 1 - Player Creation

It felt too open - which is great in itself, but maybe another option could be an enjoyable experience too?

One that's more restrictive in it's nature.

I've mocked up the opening screens.

So you get to input name, college, nationality and select a player image from file.

Which would take you onto the next screen, where each drop-down impact the next and overall of the new creation.

Position, QB to K.

Prototype, option specific to position selected.

Height & Weight, determined by position and prototype selections.

Prospect Grade, Hall of Famer to Good Backup. Final selection which determines starting attributes, displayed in radar chart.

Draft Projection, predicts round and pick position.

NFL Comparison, names a current or HOF player.
Last edited by charlie on Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
charlie

Re: Road to MVP: Suggestions

Postby charlie » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:08 am

NFL Comparison

If you were to pick Prospect Grade, Hall of Famer at QB position, you get a similar Prototype comparison.

If it was Peyton Manning. You see something along lines of below.

Then throughout the players career there is a comparison, targets to aim for. Creates a unique challenge for every Prospect & Prototype level.

I would say, for every Position / Prototype, two players would be sufficient as a starter, if allowed it to be modified by the community, who can then expand it.

^ links into later post on season Prototype challenges which I may come back to, depends if covered already in game.
charlie

Postby charlie » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:39 am

Number 2 - Draft

After player creation it was pretty disappointing that the next screen was this.

I guess there was no mention on the initial screens of a draft, but I just assumed.

As my opening post, I definitely think players should go into a draft.

By draft, I mean this could as simple as a formula based on Position, Prototype, Prospect and Teams Need generates his round and number pick.

Ideally could tie this into real life draft classes, as again, it creates competition, allows for comparison and challenges / targets for the player.

Could have "Class of 20xx" screen where player is compared to others from same draft.
charlie

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:52 pm

There is a draft, but it depends on how you created the league... if you chose to start the league at the draft stage you can drop your player in there. Otherwise you have to put them directly on a team or into free agency. There isn't a way to add them to a future draft, although we could look into it in a future version.
brooks_piggott

Postby charlie » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:54 am

brooks_piggott wrote:There is a draft, but it depends on how you created the league... if you chose to start the league at the draft stage you can drop your player in there. Otherwise you have to put them directly on a team or into free agency. There isn't a way to add them to a future draft, although we could look into it in a future version.

Thanks for the response.

Is this a draft where entire league gets reshuffled? I did find that option but not what I was looking for.
charlie

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:49 pm

Yes, the league can be created and re-drafted with your player in there. I assumed you wanted to start with real teams and real players possibly but then immediately have your player in the first draft, which is what the mode doesn't support yet.
brooks_piggott

Postby charlie » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:34 pm

brooks_piggott wrote:Yes, the league can be created and re-drafted with your player in there. I assumed you wanted to start with real teams and real players possibly but then immediately have your player in the first draft, which is what the mode doesn't support yet.

Thank you for clarifying.
charlie

Postby dave1927p » Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:42 pm

hopefully you can add the option to be drafted into this mode early. That's a big part of the fun.
dave1927p

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2023 General Discussion