- fixed popup during game play

- fixed popup during game play

Postby cdcool » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:26 am

On slower simulation speeds the game still pauses AI vs AI for Fouls
User avatar
cdcool
Senior Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

Re: - fixed popup during game play

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:52 am

The fixed popup does not relate to this issue. I have not been able to replicate your issue yet although I have not used "slower speeds". What is the speed you are using?
User avatar
Gary Gorski
WS Development
 
Posts: 8600
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: - fixed popup during game play

Postby cdcool » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:55 am

Gary Gorski wrote:The fixed popup does not relate to this issue. I have not been able to replicate your issue yet although I have not used "slower speeds". What is the speed you are using?


Watch a game on normal speed AI vs AI with Games Options selected to Enable Auto Sub and Pause at All Stops on OFF and see if the game stops on Foul calls.
User avatar
cdcool
Senior Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

Re: - fixed popup during game play

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:37 am

cdcool wrote:
Gary Gorski wrote:The fixed popup does not relate to this issue. I have not been able to replicate your issue yet although I have not used "slower speeds". What is the speed you are using?


Watch a game on normal speed AI vs AI with Games Options selected to Enable Auto Sub and Pause at All Stops on OFF and see if the game stops on Foul calls.


I tried to see if I could see this issue and I couldn't replicate either. I had the same settings as you and then also played on the slowest game speed, normal speed, and the highest speed. In all cases the game never stopped for me when a foul was called. I didn't try every speed setting in between so not sure if related to a specific number.
User avatar
slybelle1
Elite Member
 
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:23 pm

Re: - fixed popup during game play

Postby Aceshigh24 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:41 pm

What is considered the pop up? I'm still getting stuck on the Dead Ball icon. Doesn't matter what speed I'm on. Just downloaded the most recent update too.
Aceshigh24
Junior Member
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: - fixed popup during game play

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:05 pm

Its just a pop up of the player name when something significant happens in the game. It has nothing to do with the subject of the OP.

What are the circumstances around this happening for you? Give me everything - is this the first game you watch in 2D or did you already have one watched in the session? What settings are you using? Is it after any deadball or maybe a specific type? Are you using the mouse and clicking buttons to control the play or are you using hotkeys?

As I said I cannot replicate this so there has to be a set of specific circumstances that lead to it happening so we have to figure out what those are.
User avatar
Gary Gorski
WS Development
 
Posts: 8600
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: - fixed popup during game play

Postby Aceshigh24 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:11 pm

Honestly there isn't much to it for me. This is exactly what happens from the time i open up the game to the time it happens:

Open up the Game.
Load my game takes me to my team screen. Currently in 1988 with the Chicago Bulls - Date is Jan 14, 1988.
Click on Play/Sim
Click on Play/Sim Games
Takes me to the game screen where i choose 2D Gameplay followed by Go to Tip-Off
Before starting the game I go to "Game Settings" and the only option I have on is "Enable Auto-Sub". Everything else is OFF
Check the Game Speed and it's currently at "5" (This happens on any speed)
Click the play button and the first stop (Deadball) in gameplay is in the 2nd quarter at the 4:53 mark. Play by play states "Mario Elie misses Shot(Michael Jordan Blocks)"
Click the play button to resume the game - 2nd stoppage is in the 4th quarter at the 6:43 mark. Play by play states "Moses Malone missing 10-foot jump shot."

This is not the first game I've watched in 2D. This only happens with Dead Ball. My assumption is that the ball goes out of bounds on these plays and the game stops. Not sure what else you need but this happens at least 2-4 times a game.
Aceshigh24
Junior Member
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: - fixed popup during game play

Postby cdcool » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:16 am

Dead Ball Fouls stops the simulation
User avatar
cdcool
Senior Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

Re: - fixed popup during game play

Postby cdcool » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:17 am

slybelle1 wrote:
cdcool wrote:
Gary Gorski wrote:The fixed popup does not relate to this issue. I have not been able to replicate your issue yet although I have not used "slower speeds". What is the speed you are using?


Watch a game on normal speed AI vs AI with Games Options selected to Enable Auto Sub and Pause at All Stops on OFF and see if the game stops on Foul calls.


I tried to see if I could see this issue and I couldn't replicate either. I had the same settings as you and then also played on the slowest game speed, normal speed, and the highest speed. In all cases the game never stopped for me when a foul was called. I didn't try every speed setting in between so not sure if related to a specific number.


Well it does stop the game, not my imagination
User avatar
cdcool
Senior Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

Re: - fixed popup during game play

Postby cdcool » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:18 am

Aceshigh24 wrote:Honestly there isn't much to it for me. This is exactly what happens from the time i open up the game to the time it happens:

Open up the Game.
Load my game takes me to my team screen. Currently in 1988 with the Chicago Bulls - Date is Jan 14, 1988.
Click on Play/Sim
Click on Play/Sim Games
Takes me to the game screen where i choose 2D Gameplay followed by Go to Tip-Off
Before starting the game I go to "Game Settings" and the only option I have on is "Enable Auto-Sub". Everything else is OFF
Check the Game Speed and it's currently at "5" (This happens on any speed)
Click the play button and the first stop (Deadball) in gameplay is in the 2nd quarter at the 4:53 mark. Play by play states "Mario Elie misses Shot(Michael Jordan Blocks)"
Click the play button to resume the game - 2nd stoppage is in the 4th quarter at the 6:43 mark. Play by play states "Moses Malone missing 10-foot jump shot."

This is not the first game I've watched in 2D. This only happens with Dead Ball. My assumption is that the ball goes out of bounds on these plays and the game stops. Not sure what else you need but this happens at least 2-4 times a game.


Exactly correct and the same as what I am seeing.
User avatar
cdcool
Senior Member
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023 FirstAccess

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron