Few thoughts on FirstAccess

Few thoughts on FirstAccess

Postby Billdozer » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:05 pm

I am coach and gm of the 2008 Bucks. I really like the press conference system. At the start of the season I was asked about season expectations, How important Richard Jefferson is, and areas of weakness on the team. A few weeks later I was asked about a recent win, Andrew Bogut playing well, and a minor injury to Charlie Villanueva. There were 5 different answers per questions. Bogut had an increase in attitude and effort. Villanueva was slightly unhappy I was undervaluing him but the backups were happy.

I like the coach level up system. I have leveled up once and increased my Basketball IQ and Player Development. I wonder if it would be possible to be notified when I make a good move or decision that accelerates progress to the next level?

I also like seeing the player personalities on the player profile page because it makes it easier to figure out personality types that are popular or unpopular on the team. I traded away Mbah a Moute because most of the team did not like him even though he is a champion. I avoided adding champion personality types while assembling the roster after this. It is also nice that player profiles are clickable when making trades.

Would it be possible to contact 5 free agents and ask about player likes and dislikes on the first day of the season? I added Gilbert Arenas and Cuttino Mobley. There are 3 players who dislike Mobley.

I would like to see changes to the injury notification system. The mystery game day injuries causing the invalid roster settings notification is very annoying. There is no way NBA teams suffer injuries in pre-game warmups several times a month.
Billdozer

Re: Few thoughts on FirstAccess

Postby abziani » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:53 am

Can I ask something? I played a retro season on last version game and I noticed a little problem with player minutes. I remember the players played just a bit more than 30 mpg (the top players in the list) and nobody played like 35/40 mpg. I thought it was something related tô the overall rating of the players like there are many players with high overall that the coach spreaded the minutes throught all the roster. Can you simulate some seasons and check the mpg, ppg, rpg throughout the seasons. Thank you very much
abziani

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:01 pm

Billdozer wrote:Would it be possible to contact 5 free agents and ask about player likes and dislikes on the first day of the season? I added Gilbert Arenas and Cuttino Mobley. There are 3 players who dislike Mobley.

I would like to see changes to the injury notification system. The mystery game day injuries causing the invalid roster settings notification is very annoying. There is no way NBA teams suffer injuries in pre-game warmups several times a month.

There is really no way to have a mechanism where you could ask questions during in-season free agency. Maybe I can come up with something that would show a very general overall "likeness" for the team. Maybe even have it come up in the signing box that "the team heard you were thinking about signing player X but a couple of the guys are not big fans of that".

There should not be any injuries that are happening prior to a game starting - players do suffer injuries that are reported after a game (ie they played through it) or get random illness injuries that could happen to anyone at anytime but it should not be possible that your roster is healthy and you go to sim and then a random injury happens then. All of those injuries/illness would be visible to you when the day flips over to a new day
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Haiku » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:08 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:There is really no way to have a mechanism where you could ask questions during in-season free agency. Maybe I can come up with something that would show a very general overall "likeness" for the team. Maybe even have it come up in the signing box that "the team heard you were thinking about signing player X but a couple of the guys are not big fans of that".

That is actually a great idea.
Haiku

Postby Billdozer » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:21 am

There is really no way to have a mechanism where you could ask questions during in-season free agency. Maybe I can come up with something that would show a very general overall "likeness" for the team. Maybe even have it come up in the signing box that "the team heard you were thinking about signing player X but a couple of the guys are not big fans of that".

There should not be any injuries that are happening prior to a game starting - players do suffer injuries that are reported after a game (ie they played through it) or get random illness injuries that could happen to anyone at anytime but it should not be possible that your roster is healthy and you go to sim and then a random injury happens then. All of those injuries/illness would be visible to you when the day flips over to a new day[/quote]

That is an interesting idea about free agency. I wonder how the team would know what players I am interested in signing though? What if the offseason free agency period was extended through the first week of the regular season? There are usually some okay bench players available the first week of the season.

Thanks for the information about the injuries. I usually sim day-day for a week and then go to the dashboard and check a few things on Sunday. I think sometimes a minor injury happens between days? However, there are times when I do not receive an email notification about an injury but a player is out with a short term injury and the sim is stopped.
Billdozer

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:08 pm

OK so two changes have come about from the OP post coming in the next build.

1. On the daily schedule screen there will now be a label telling you how many injuries your team has. The injury popups will still come up during the sim but in case you miss one you will see this notification as well. If you want to know exactly who is injured you can always click the game preview right there on the page for your team's game and it will tell you so if you realize a player is now listed as OUT you will know to go to your depth chart and make changes.

2. When signing a free agent during the season the message will contain text about a general view of the player and his personality in regards to the rest of the team
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023 FirstAccess