Players missing from milestone tracker

Players missing from milestone tracker

Postby Haiku » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:41 pm

For example LeBron is nowhere to be seen. Carmelo is also active and missing. FYI these players are listed in the League Almanac section.

https://i.gyazo.com/f88b2be647d0e27bb05ee7b40ac12be2.png
Haiku

Re: Players missing from milestone tracker

Postby Haiku » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:07 pm

This thing is inconsistent. I just loaded another save and LeBron is topping the points chart.
Haiku

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:32 pm

These are not historical leaders - they are players closing in on a particular milestone. So at the start of the season I think LeBron was just over 37000 points so he's just past a milestone but not really close to hitting another one. As he accumulates points then he would close in on 38000 and be listed.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Haiku » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:16 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:These are not historical leaders - they are players closing in on a particular milestone. So at the start of the season I think LeBron was just over 37000 points so he's just past a milestone but not really close to hitting another one. As he accumulates points then he would close in on 38000 and be listed.

Yes, I get that only active players are being listed, but it's confusing seeing Kevin Durant on top of the milestone chart, as it appears he's the one with most career points among active players, while he's not. I think all active players who have reached certain milestone should be listed no matter how far they are from hitting the next one.
Haiku

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:18 am

I appreciate the input but it would defeat the purpose of the page as every player is technically on a way to a milestone. The page is meant to alert you of who is getting close to hitting that milestone. The almanac page already lists the players both historical and current that are the most career points or whatever so having it on this page would just be redundant.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023 General Discussion