Agent leaks trade request after trade deadline

Agent leaks trade request after trade deadline

Postby Billdozer » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:12 pm

I am in year 3 with the Golden State Warriors starting in the year 2008.

So, I have run into a situation where I promised Gilbert Arenas that he would be a building block. He has a few years left on his contract
However in free agency I missed some targets and only have one player who is at 3.5 stars.
The Organization relationship has slowly declined throughout the season and is now in the red. The issue is that it did not go red until after the trade deadline.
Therefore The agent is leaking trade requests after the trade deadline.

I am wondering if this issue can be addressed in the next update? It does not make sense for a trade request to be made when trades are not allowed.

I will have some money in free agency and my scout team thinks Mike Conley is a 3 star with 3.5 star potential.
I also have some extra 2nd round draft picks and all of my own picks so I have some good draft capital.
So, I should be able to add talent for next season.

Also, despite the lack of talent on paper I am the 5th seed out West with a 50-32 record. Leon Powe was a 2 star all-star who averaged 24 points and 8 rebounds starting at Power Forward.
Billdozer

Re: Agent leaks trade request after trade deadline

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:18 pm

I think in this particular case its ok for a couple of factors. It seems that since the relationship did not further deteriorate until after the trade deadline that the player was giving you the opportunity at the trade deadline to bring in those players you promised you would have on the roster and when you did not then decided he was even more unhappy at which point the trade demand is made and even though you cannot trade him now you will be able to do so in the offseason. It may be a little awkward in the timing of the trade request but the game is trying to convey that he's fed up and giving you fair warning to do something about it in the offseason.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023 General Discussion