Too many fouls

Too many fouls

Postby Campinho08 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:20 am

I noticed the number of fouls and free throws is unrealistically high.
Last game I played I had 54 FT and 26 fouls, opposition 30 FT and 36 fouls. And it happens frequently. One guy, one discord, suggested editing players drawing fouls atribute but it would take a lot of time.
Can developers look into it?
Campinho08

Re: Too many fouls

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:03 pm

Last night in the NBA 1/3 of the games had a team that shot more than 30 FTs. The prior night 4/9 games had a team that shot 30+ FT with Dallas shooting 40+. On Saturday 5 of the 10 teams who played shot 30+ FT and in two of the five games both teams were above the 30+ mark. Friday had 4/11 games with a team with 30+ FTs

Detroit and Portland combined for 76 FTs in regulation on 1/2. Miami and Utah combined had 74 on 12/31. I'm just spot checking games here and found these two within the past 10 days.

I don't wish to spend any more time going back looking through box scores but 30 FT in a game has happened every night the past four nights and I am sure if I keep going back it would continue to be a common thing.

What is "frequently"? Are you telling me you are seeing teams shoot 50+ FT in a game regularly? What are your team totals looking like on average? Currently there are 10/30 teams in the NBA that average 25+ FTA per game. I would think that if teams are commonly having games with 80+ FTA you would see your league averages well above those marks. I am not attempting to dismiss your post but before thinking there is a problem I need to know a) what kind of sample size are we talking about here and b) how are the numbers on average? I would gladly take a look at your league file. Instructions to submit that are under the HELP section in the game and you can access our support ticket system from our homepage.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Too many fouls

Postby Campinho08 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:14 pm

https://www.basketball-reference.com/le ... _game.html

According to this website average attempted free throw per game is 23.7 per game and fouls is 20.4 per game
Campinho08

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023 General Discussion