Contract confusion!

Contract confusion!

Postby beatle » Fri May 26, 2023 1:14 am

I went to offer Jaylen Brown a contract extension. He wanted 3 years, but that game stated that you can only a two-year contract extension. This was at the beginning of the season. So, I offered 2 years. The computer said not bad, but he wanted those 3 years. This does not make sense to me.
I offered another player an extension, the same thing happened. He wanted 3 years. I did not offer it as I did not want to cause negotiation to go south. This seems like unwinnable situation to me. I am no expert in contracts, but I don't think this 2-year rule really exists. Is there any work around? This seems like glitch more than reality. How can you sign players in the game if the years are not matching and the game won't let you sign them?
beatle

Re: Contract confusion!

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:47 pm

The extension feature is probably something I need to explain better in the game. The game probably should tell you he just doesn't want an extension and wants to test free agency because he can get a bigger contract there as opposed to saying he wants a longer extension than is possible. The extension rules also depend on how many years the original contract was signed for and how many are remaining.

Of course you will still be able to sign the player in free agency as you will have his bird rights and the player will then get the contract length and amount of money he wants at that point. Its something I will try to make more sense of and the rules more clear in the next version.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023 General Discussion