Free Agency, Draft, and G-league suggestions

Free Agency, Draft, and G-league suggestions

Postby Billdozer » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:31 am

Overall, I really like free agency and have fun trying to improve the team while avoiding bad contracts. However, for the first few weeks of free agency my offers to role players and bench players never stick and I have to re-offer contracts daily.

I also enjoy the draft for the most part. There is unpredictability in terms of the scouting and mock drafts. I have seen players projected to go high fall to then back of the lottery. However, I would like to see a way to find out a players personality type. Perhaps, interviewing 10-12 prospects could be added in order to reveal the information found on the player card about personality type, motivation, greed, ect...

I like to build the G-league affiliate roster. However, beyond selecting players for the roster there is not really anything else that can be done with the G-league. I would like to see some way to communicate with the G-league team. What if an NBA team could suggest a role or amount of playing time for 2-way players and players under contract with the NBA team. In addition, there could be a press conference question dedicated to a G-league player. Finally, would it be possible to add interactions with the G-league Owner, GM, and Head Coach?
Billdozer

Re: Free Agency, Draft, and G-league suggestions

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:48 am

Thanks for the suggestions - I will work to improve those areas. On the contracts they are probably just getting rejected but I will try to make that more clear.

For the G-League you can actually control items there if you want. On both the roster and depth screens there is an option to turn on control of the affiliate so you can not only control what players are there but also who is playing and how much they play. Your suggestion make sense maybe for being able to control those things without actually being responsible for controlling them (if that makes sense) so I will see how that can improve as well but in the meantime you do have that option.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Free Agency, Draft, and G-league suggestions

Postby Billdozer » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:53 am

You're welcome. So on the contracts, they are just not happy with the offer and wait for a better offer? I usually just keep trying the same offer until they sign with me or another team. All contract offer stick for me from June 27th-July 4th.

I have tried the G-league control in the past but not very recently. In the past the depth chart would re-set the next day.
Billdozer

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2023 General Discussion