Stats not increasing while watching game in Fast Forward

Stats not increasing while watching game in Fast Forward

Postby adamj95 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:37 pm

The overall score and team stats go up but the individual stats do not show up until I pause the game or press play to stop the fast fowarding. Anyone else experiencing this?
adamj95

Re: Stats not increasing while watching game in Fast Forward

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:18 am

This was noted during beta testing...here's how Gary responded then:

"the stats do not update while Fast Forward is going.,,,it saves on resources that way and does not let things get bogged down"
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:33 am

Yes this is done intentionally because the game constantly updates the stats/energy as it is being played so without the normal pace of the code the code would get backed up and bogged down while waiting for these constant updates. Maybe I will just hide them or something during FF.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:20 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Yes this is done intentionally because the game constantly updates the stats/energy as it is being played so without the normal pace of the code the code would get backed up and bogged down while waiting for these constant updates. Maybe I will just hide them or something during FF.

Was curious if there was a stop Fast Forward function built in? I've had some luck stopping the game after hitting FF, but wasn't sure if that was a glitch. Most of the time its only the halftime report that stops it.
jlemmen43

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:24 pm

Doesn't seem to Pause from FF, but it does go to regular speed from FF, at least for me.
Wayne23

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:31 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Doesn't seem to Pause from FF, but it does go to regular speed from FF, at least for me.

Think i've tried that with mixed results. I'll see if I can get some consistency there :)
jlemmen43

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:13 pm

The pause button should stop it. If it is not, how long have you fast forwarded before trying to stop it and what are your computer specs? That's exactly why the stats etc don't update because it was bogging down the code and not allowing the pause button click to be read.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:42 am

How long varies. I have a fast computer using Win 11. 12 GB of Ram. What other specs do you need?
Wayne23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 FirstAccess