Edit Budget

Edit Budget

Postby feedthebeast24 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:39 pm

Is there a way to edit the budget of your team using the DB editor?
feedthebeast24

Re: Edit Budget

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:30 pm

feedthebeast24 wrote:Is there a way to edit the budget of your team using the DB editor?

There is no way to do this, other than editing your prestige...because I believe your budget is tied or loosely tied to your prestige. BUT, increasing that is only gonna take affect on your budget in the following year, not the current. So in short, not that I know of.
jlemmen43

Postby feedthebeast24 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:02 pm

Makes sense, thank you.
feedthebeast24

Postby zekeroberts » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:54 pm

I was a little confused with allocating the budget... with only 3 editable options for training, amenities, and wellness, I couldn't figure out how the recruiting and facilities would change based on my edits... shouldn't i be able to set my recruiting budget as well and then the remaining amount will go to facilities?
zekeroberts

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:15 pm

Actually it just computes in reverse. You have your available budget (total budget minus salaries of assistant coaches), then allocate how much you want for training, wellness and amenities. As you save each one of those it's subtracted from you available budget leaving the remainder for recruiting...the amount you have left for recruiting is updated and shown on the right side.

You may want to determine first what the minimum amount you want to have for recruiting is, then just be sure you don't allocate too much to the 3 categories so that the amount you want for recruiting is insufficient. For example if your available budget is $150,000 and you want at least $60,000 for recruiting, you know you can't allocate more than a total of $90,000 between training, amenities and wellness.

The training allocation will enhance how quickly your players develop their skills. The amenities allocation will help entice recruits to conider choosing to play for you. The wellness allocation will help mitigate injuries. And if you spend too little, your facilities could possibly detioriate and their "grade" drop. If you want facilities to be improved, you still need to ask for that from the board near the end of the season.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby zekeroberts » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:35 am

PointGuard wrote:Actually it just computes in reverse. You have your available budget (total budget minus salaries of assistant coaches), then allocate how much you want for training, wellness and amenities. As you save each one of those it's subtracted from you available budget leaving the remainder for recruiting...the amount you have left for recruiting is updated and shown on the right side.

You may want to determine first what the minimum amount you want to have for recruiting is, then just be sure you don't allocate too much to the 3 categories so that the amount you want for recruiting is insufficient. For example if your available budget is $150,000 and you want at least $60,000 for recruiting, you know you can't allocate more than a total of $90,000 between training, amenities and wellness.

The training allocation will enhance how quickly your players develop their skills. The amenities allocation will help entice recruits to conider choosing to play for you. The wellness allocation will help mitigate injuries. And if you spend too little, your facilities could possibly detioriate and their "grade" drop. If you want facilities to be improved, you still need to ask for that from the board near the end of the season.

Thanks... I thought I understood that, but I started with "AI suggest" and then as I edited the different numbers, I couldn't seem to find a pattern as to whether it would increase my facilities budget and drop my recruiting funds available or vice versa, if that makes sense... after hitting "AI suggest" a few times to "reset" the values, I just couldn't figure out whether increasing or decreasing each category would affect recruiting or facilities...
zekeroberts

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:45 am

Each time you edit any one of the 3, be sure to click on SAVE beneath that category. So if you edit all 3, you will need to click SAVE 3 times, once under each category.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby zekeroberts » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:34 am

PointGuard wrote:Each time you edit any one of the 3, be sure to click on SAVE beneath that category. So if you edit all 3, you will need to click SAVE 3 times, once under each category.

Think I figured it out... just wasn't doing all my math correctly and didn't realize that the facilities number on the far right (that would change green or red) was the sum of the three editable categories... realized this as i poked around and saw the budget amounts later in the school info screen... my bad!
zekeroberts

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 FirstAccess