Database Editing?

Database Editing?

Postby zekeroberts » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:39 pm

Is database editing available in FirstAccess? I can select the option from the main menu, but then nothing changes on the next screen when I click on "Select Conference" or "Select Team"
zekeroberts

Re: Database Editing?

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:51 pm

zekeroberts wrote:Is database editing available in FirstAccess? I can select the option from the main menu, but then nothing changes on the next screen when I click on "Select Conference" or "Select Team"

I think that button is more for simple edits; similar to how you can edit stuff in-game. And it's meant to edit the default starting database I believe. What kind of editing are you looking to do?
jlemmen43

Postby zekeroberts » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:03 pm

jlemmen43 wrote:
zekeroberts wrote:Is database editing available in FirstAccess? I can select the option from the main menu, but then nothing changes on the next screen when I click on "Select Conference" or "Select Team"

I think that button is more for simple edits; similar to how you can edit stuff in-game. And it's meant to edit the default starting database I believe. What kind of editing are you looking to do?

Just team prestige values... always interested in current prestige and historical prestige...
zekeroberts

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:23 pm

Best way is to download the SQLite Program and make your own Custom File for starting a league. Use the Real World Mod files as templates - edit the prestige values within the Teams Table. Make sure to click the Checkmark button to save changes. Prestige you see in game is split into two ratings in the database, if you dont know already. Not sure how much you know how to do, but feel free to ask anything and I'll help. If you don't wanna go through all that and you already know what you want the team prestiges to be, I can set it up for you.
jlemmen43

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:14 pm

I will check it out - that function should allow you to edit the basics of your default file.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 FirstAccess