Slow Creation

Slow Creation

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:27 pm

The league creation screen takes much longer than previous versions. Stays at 95% for a minute or two.
jlemmen43

Re: Slow Creation

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:12 pm

It is rating more players than in the past. Not only are there additional teams in the game but one of the other small changes in the game was to rank players who are top players in the game world as before it was unrealistic that you had the "fog of war" for players that would be very much known. For example every coach knew who Zion was even if they were coaching at a tiny school and had no reason to scout Duke players so its doing a little more work in the setup procedure now than before.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby C-Bailey24 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:55 am

Gary Gorski wrote:It is rating more players than in the past. Not only are there additional teams in the game but one of the other small changes in the game was to rank players who are top players in the game world as before it was unrealistic that you had the "fog of war" for players that would be very much known. For example every coach knew who Zion was even if they were coaching at a tiny school and had no reason to scout Duke players so its doing a little more work in the setup procedure now than before.

Speaking of unrealistic "fog of war" I think at this point of the game the scouting comments from watching game tapes and Live game visits need to be updated and be more realistic. I just don't think how much information you get on the player should be tied to how low or high the coaches scouting rating is. Example. I personally have never coached a day of organized basketball, but if I was given the assignment to go watch Player X at his high school game, or watch his tape I would have more to report back to my head coach than " He has experience in the 2-3 zone" or " He doesn't seem to know any traps or presses". Sometimes you sim the week after a Game Tape or Live Game visit and there are NO comments at all which basically makes it wasted money from your recruiting budget. It's like pulling teeth to get an actual comment about their play style. I just don't think it should be this way. Now the ACCURACY of the comments could have some room for error of course. Maybe even have comments speaking to potential or ability to start for the team or be bench player. If this information can't fit on the recruit card then maybe can be put in an email similar to the college football game. Would just really like to see some improvement here.
C-Bailey24

Postby jlemmen43 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:16 pm

Load save time seems to be a bit faster than last year though. For the most part things are pretty crisp.
jlemmen43

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 FirstAccess