Technical fouls

Technical fouls

Postby zekeroberts » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:12 am

That didn't take long, did it? :D

(First, let me add that I like the in-game notifications that the referee is listening, ignoring or warning players... I don't know how much I should read into that but I think it is a cool immersion factor... I also think referees IRL listen more than what I'm seeing in the game but that's not really what I came here to post)

I'm working them a little bit... I'm down in a tight battle with a cupcake on the road... I confronted the ref when my C got his 4th foul, got sternly warned, ok... :D

So final minute, one point game... we get a putback to go up one. They come down, get to the free throw line, make both and take the lead.

Just for kicks, I "work ref" as I bring the ball back up with under 30 seconds to go. I'm thinking "I better get the same call down here." BOOM. TECH. :mad:

OK fine, so it happened, I'm not complaining... but here's the issue...

They got one free throw and made it, then I got the ball back NCAA Technicals are still two FTs, right? Maybe the "flop" call is a one free throw? But this felt like it should have been two shots for them and their ball.

Anyways, down one, we go inside, we DO get the call.. hit both free throws, sneak out of there with a one-point win. Fun game that kept me up too late. But wondering if the technical fouls are on "NBA" settings instead of NCAA...

(You better believe I'm going to keep working the refs...)
zekeroberts

Re: Technical fouls

Postby gmt08 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:37 pm

You are correct. In college it's supposed to be two foul shots and the foul shooting team gets possession. The 2022 version has the same bug as you describe. There is also an issue of someone fouled in the act of shooting and then a technical is called. The technical is shot and then the team that was foul gains possession. Basically the game forgets to have the fouled player shoot two foul shots. This should be tested in the 2023 version to see if this carried over from the 2022 version.
gmt08

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 FirstAccess