Players committing

Players committing

Postby adamj95 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:05 am

Have the rates been increased for players to commit to a school before you’re able to visit them in person? I have had offers to 5-6 players and the week before you can go visit them, 4-5 of them commit to a school before you have a chance to visit them.
adamj95

Re: Players committing

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:15 am

The AI seems to be offering VERY early. Hope Gary takes a look at that. Of course there have been complaints that the AI was bot competitive so maybe this is a way to even things up. No idea.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jfsolo23 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:37 am

I feel like this is a good change, and I hope it doesn't get adjusted back, in reality a lot of players accept offers from some schools the moment the get them.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:44 pm

Yeah, I agree that if this helps make the AI a bit more competitive with the human player, that's good. Even when using a "Brutal" recruiting level in DDSCB, the human has been able to outperform the AI.

And in this case the human and the AI both had made scholarship offers prior to when home visits could be done...neither tha human or AI could do a home visits and the recruits opted to choose the AI controlled teams rather than the human controlled team.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:13 pm

Yes players are committing earlier than in prior versions - not only is this more realistic but it also helps the AI teams especially to adjust and move on to new targets rather than keeping their hopes up and then losing out guys they could have ended up getting (which could be and was exploited by human players)

With the build from yesterday this is slightly pulled back but still much more prevalent than in prior versions.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:08 pm

"Exploited by human players" ???? No way! Who would ever do such a thing? :rolleyes:

Wayne! Did you do such a dastardly thing? :p
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:16 pm

I am as honest as my idol, the great Honest Jim Calhoun.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:41 pm

LOL
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 FirstAccess