Relegation Association Rules

Relegation Association Rules

Postby dirtbowldan » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:51 pm

Maybe there could be options that allow me to decide how many teams i want in each conference and how the conference tournaments are structured. I also felt like I wasnt getting to play all the teams in my conference when doing relegation mode. Even deciding the amount of teams that are relegated/delegated would be nice.

Also same for NIT/other tournament: can we have the option to change the settings on how many teams are in the other tournaments and things like that. maybe i want 128 team first round of big tournament.

needs some more explanation in game as to what each recruiting/scouting option does. does watching a recruit play in person increase their interest in you?

add better explanation of what each offensive strategy needs to succeed. like give each strategy key positions or key attributes so i have at least some idea of what im supposed to be scouting. Honestly anything to show me if my team composition/chemistry is getting worse or better.

these are just a few things i felt could be nice quality of life improvements so people who arent as familiar with basketball can still figure out what is going on.
dirtbowldan

Re: Relegation Association Rules

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:24 pm

There is something with the relegation scheduling that I am looking into but in terms of customizing it or the tournaments that is not something I am going to add in. It just opens up way too many potential problems.

Watching a recruit play in person can increase their interest because you travel to the school, watch the game and then presumably talk to the kid for a minute. It also allows you to gain additional recruiting notes about the player.

For the strategies on the strategy page there is a dropdown that says Offensive Set Description and one for defense as well. If you select a set you will get an explanation of what the set does. For example the 5 out offense tells you it is designed for teams with good perimeter players at all positions so if you have a PF and C who are heavy post usage players and have poor outside shooting and poor ball handling they probably will not fare well in that kind of offense.

Your team chemistry can be found by looking on the player cards - click the player profile button and you will see how well a player is getting along with you the coach and his teammates. Don't be scared off by low team relationships for freshmen as they take some time to get to know players on the team.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Relegation Association Rules

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:39 pm

Re team chemistry...also you can get an inkling that a guy may cause problems if while recruiting you get a note that his coach has reported he has attitude issues. And after recruiting, if a player's personality indicates "not friendly" or worse yet "disruptive force", you can expect that guy may not fit in well with either the coaches or the team.

You can try contacting him every now and then and giving him positive strokes...sometimes it will help a little. Other times there's no change and yet also it can result in further deteroriation if he feels you're insensire and just BS'ng him.

Also while playing out games and during time outs, you can give a player "praise" and MAYBE that somewhat improves his attitude...likely the praise only applies to that game, but I like to THINK it MAY help improve his overall attitude and it makes me "feel" like I'm possibly doing some good...but I don't know how the sausage is made for this game and don't really want to know so I'll just blithely go on doing that at times. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 FirstAccess