MOD help

MOD help

Postby Zogilbee93 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:58 pm

Hey all,

I recently bought the DD College Basketball 2023 on Steam since it was on sale. I want to use the mod to get real teams/logos. And I for the life of me can not get it. I have the mod downloaded on the same D drive as College basketball. I've even tried moving both to the C Drive and nothing. When I start a new association the team names are correct but the logos and whatnot are missing. When I look in my folders I can see the right logos and I thought well ya know what I will just manually update those slowly. But even when I do that the logo does not appear after I click that one in the association, school info page.

Can someone please help. I know on the instructions it says if you can't see the logo's you have it downloaded in the wrong spot and I've determined that. But I've moved the download to all kinds of different folders and just can't figure it out. When I download the mod it defaults to going to the C drive but my game in on the D drive. I've tried leaving it there, and tried moving. But idk if that has something to do with it.

Please let me know of some fixes or if you need more information on my drives/steam setup/downloads.

Thanks in advance!
Zogilbee93

Re: MOD help

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:12 pm

If you installed the game in a different location than the default C: location then you need to change the installer to the location you installed the game. Which sounds like the D: drive for you. Steer the installer to the D:.... DDSCB2024\ folder. I don't know where you installed it other than D thus the .... But only change to the DDCB2024 folder and install there. My game is on my D: also and works fine.
NCAAhoops

Postby Zogilbee93 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:17 pm

Man I just can't figure it out. I've tried moving the installer to both c and d drives and nothing. I've tried changing where my downloads go between c and d. I've moved which drive the actual game is on. I just can't figure it out. Every time I go to use custom file I get the schools and conference names correct but not school logos. Which just throws everything off.
Zogilbee93

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:25 pm

Which Custom file are you loading to start up your association when you make it?
Also if you are loading the same save every time it has looks into the original location it was made. Meaning if didn't work the first time it will not work anywhere you move it too. Have you tried to start another new save when you installed it a different location or after you installed the mod on the D: drive.
NCAAhoops

Postby yupthatsthomas » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:51 pm

Having the same issue, this really ruins the game for me. Tried downloading the mod several times in different locations and no luck. Tried downloading the mod without courts and no luck. The mod is downloaded on the same drive as the game.
yupthatsthomas

Postby slybelle1 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:55 am

Zogilbee93 wrote:Man I just can't figure it out. I've tried moving the installer to both c and d drives and nothing. I've tried changing where my downloads go between c and d. I've moved which drive the actual game is on. I just can't figure it out. Every time I go to use custom file I get the schools and conference names correct but not school logos. Which just throws everything off.

Just to ensure installing correctly......

1) Download the "Steam" version of the full mod. Screenshot of the link you should be selecting.

2) The name of the file you should have just downloaded is "DDSCB CM24 24.06 All in One (Update 2) (STM).zip". Unzip this file into a temporary folder.

3) Within your temporary folder, you'll see the file "DDSCB24 College Mod All in One (STM).exe".

4) Run the "DDSCB24 College Mod All in One (STM).exe" file. Press the "Next" button on the opening screen. Press the "Next" button on the install notes screen.

5) You will now see the screen below. If your installed the game in the defualt Steam C:\ folder, you shouldn't need to change anything. But if you installed the game in a Steam folder on another drive, then you will need to change "C:" to "D:" as an example. Then press the "Next" button.

6) You will now be on a screen to review the install location. Review the folder displayed and make sure that exists on your computer. Then press the "Install" button.

7) The install will take a little but and when complete, press the "Finish" button.

8) At this point you should open the instructions for setting up a new association for using the mod. Just because you completed the file install, doesn't mean the game can use the mod yet. Must follow the instructions to setup the game correctly to use them. There different versions of the mod to use. For an example, I am going to base the rest of the instructions on using the "00_CustomFile-CnfTm-Default" mod file.

9) Open up the College Basketball game.

10) Click "New Legaue" on opening game screen, on the next screen choose one of the options such as Challenge/Sandbox/Multiplayer/Universe. You can't use Quick Start as that doesn't allow you to select a custom file which is needed.

11) Enter league name and other info you want.

12) Click "League Settings" button and √ Check the "Use Custom File" box and you'll be asked to select a file from the Import folder. Choose one of the mod import files you wish to start your game. File names are explained in the instructions. For this example, select "00_CustomFile-CnfTm-Default"

13) At this point, complete setting up the rest of your league as you see fit. Within the instructions it gives you information on how to setup early season tournaments, league names, etc. if you want those. Your assoication is then saved and when that is done, you should now see all the team names and logos.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023-24 Mods