College Mod v23.1 Final 4/17/2023

College Mod v23.1 Final 4/17/2023

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:53 pm

College Mod 23 v23.1 Updated Release CM23 4/17/2023

This will be the last update to the 2022-23 College Mod other than courts. This release Updates the Custom files to have teams and coaches Current and historical Prestige's to include 2022-23 end of season results. The mod is still set up for the start of 2022-23 season for teams and coaches stats. Also coaches will be at teams where they started the season when it began. Coaches as of 4/16/2023 that have been fired or resigned will be fired in the mod at the end of the season. Coaches that just left to go to another team are not set to be fired and could stay or go depending on your associations results.
This update also adds the West Coast Conference courts including the WCC Tournament court. Going forward I will release courts as a add-on to the mod one conference at a time separately rather than as a full mod release.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Download for Game purchased through Wolverine Studios
Mediafire Link to version 23.1 full mod
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qqe8k8xwvkzj1ws/DDSCB_CM23_v23.1_DEVELOPER.zip/file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download for Game purchased through Steam
Mediafire Link to version 23.1 full mod
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dsc1ljm51m5xtbp/DDSCB_CM23_v23.1_STEAM.zip/file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Older updates info

Updated: Version 23.04 3/13/2023
1. Updated Eastern Tennessee Court
2. Updated Queens (NC) and Stonehill player card jerseys
3. More coach firings added as of 3/13/3023, if they resigned they will be fired in the game.
4. Added CBGM logo

Updated: Version 23.03 3/10/2023
1. Added faces to on court models. (added in v23.02)
2. Updated Memphis Court
3. Added Southern Utah Court
4. Added more coach firings at end of season to mimic real life and set more that have to do well to save their job.
Link at bottom of page.

Updated: Version 23.02 3/5/2023
1. Added faces to on court models. If play games 2D this is a huge add on for you.
2. Fixed Portland State not capitalized.
3. Added more coach firings at end of season to mimic real life and set more that have to do well to save their job.
4. Added PAC12, Portland State and Wright State courts and updated Arkansas court.
5. Added Women coaches to Loyola (MD) and Mississippi Valley State

First Release 23.01 summary
College Basketball 2022-23 season, updated based on stats as of 2/27/2023.
If you used my mods in the past then this will be vary familiar.
The only changes to note are the files were called "Imports" in the past are now named "Custom Files" to be consistent with the game text.
Does not yet support DDSCB22 Carry over to DDSCB23 as a few graphics will be missing for new teams and a couple of team name changes. 95% of the teams will just pick up the new graphics but not all of them. I will release a mod to add the missing files soon.
What's Done:
1. New teams added including coaches, logos, & courts.
2. All teams have their real Head coach's and assistants. Coaches were overhauled. Now they will look like their real life counterpart (started last year) and their suits will better match team colors for head and assistants. Added about 50 coaches Facegens to add more coach Look-a Likes (See #3). These will be used by the game to generate new coach faces even when not using mod with coaches. They will be assigned randomly as normal when not using an import with coaches.
3. Assistant coaches ratings now better match their real life based on as much info I could find. Hundreds of Assistants will have ratings to simulate their real life counterpart.
4. Coaches available to hire has been overhauled to include real recent unemployed coaches.
5. New higher quality logos for all conferences and teams. Better team color matching.
6. New high quality 2D courts. This is the largest court update to be done in years. Only a few conferences done but will be adding more soon (list below). If the conference is done then so is the Conference Tournament Court.
7. NCAA Tournament, NIT, CBI and the TBC Tournament Courts are done. The TBC replaces the CIT which is now defunct. 2023 Final Four fictional Court added as I have yet to find a picture of this years court. It does have a Texas theme as that's the location this year.
8. Teams stats completely redone. Only D-I stats are included taken from NCAA D-I records. Many sites include some D-II stats with a few teams. As DDSCB is a D-I game the stats now reflect actual D-I stats. This is for W-L and all tournament appearance and championship stats.
What's Not Done
9. Non Conference Tournaments are not done as new ones have been added and the game includes logos and court for them.
10. Some coaches stats are not completed are the Player Award totals. All coaching awards are done.
11. 130 courts are done, updates will be posted when a missing conference is completed. So there many more yet to be done.

Courts included:
American Athletic all
Atlantic Coast all
Big East all
Big Ten all
Big 12 all
Big West all
Southeastern all
Southern all
PAC 12 all

And few other teams completed:
Georgia State
Maryland Eastern Shore
Portland State
SE Louisiana State
Southern Utah
Western Illinois
Wright State

A Note on courts: All are 2022-23 versions. Courts do not have conference logos or advertisement as these change too often making the court out of date. Also if the sideline was the same color as the out of bounds area I use white for the side line to make it visible.

Instructions still needs updated fully to DDSCB23.
Please read the instructions to fully understand how to use this mod to get the most realistic experience.
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:09 pm, edited 17 times in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: College Mod 23 v23.01 2/28/2023

Postby jcomey » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:07 am

Just a reminder to anyone installing this, because I keep forgetting...in the league creation screen, make sure you toggle the "Use Custom File" button in Association Settings. Otherwise, you'll continue to get the stock teams and logos.
jcomey

Postby adamj95 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:52 pm

Small thing I noticed was that Portland State wasn't capitalized in this mod.
adamj95

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:02 pm

Good catch! Don't know how that happened! Already fixed and will be corrected in the first update.
NCAAhoops

Postby zekeroberts » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:12 pm

Thanks for this! Been away from the game for a couple of years and eager to get back! Game and mod both looking great so far!!!
zekeroberts

Re: College Mod 23 v23.02 3/5/2023

Postby sneakybear » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:39 am

Thank you so much for this! This is my first year and it's really cool to have the mod. Just wondering with the update, two questions:

First, do I have to do anything besides downloading the update and running the program again to install it?

Second, will the update work with existing associations or will it only affect new ones? If the latter, will installing the update break my current association or will it be just fine?

Again thank you so much! Perfect timing on the PAC-12 for me too I just moved to Washington
sneakybear

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:16 am

Just download and install!
You can install the mod and it will not affect an already started association. If you do use an association started before the mod update it will start to use the new courts automatically.
The only think you would not get is Portland State not being capitalized which you can do yourself by choosing Portland State and go to the bottom left of your screen and choose School Info and you can edit the team name there. I think the only other issue would be Loyola (MD) 4th coach is a woman, she may be a fictitious man in that association otherwise everything else will work and all will work when you do start another association.
NCAAhoops

Postby markprior22 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:57 pm

So is it ok to import a season from '22 now with this mod? I understand that some graphics will be missing but I assume those won't cause a problem (just generic graphics) and will be updated as newer versions of the mod are installed? Thanks again for all your efforts.
markprior22

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:45 pm

You can import from DDSCB22 as a matter of fact I Imported mine but only to play Exhibition Games for now. Gary doesn't recommend doing anything serious as there may be updates that change things an affect your import until official release around March 10th. I did it to just get used to my team on the new 2D court.
Yes I will make a mod that will make the missing graphics work form DDSCB22 imports without doing anything but install the mod as a matter of fact I started looking at that last night and should have it ready once Official DDSCB23 is released.
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NCAAhoops

Postby markprior22 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:29 pm

Thanks for your quick response and again for the mod.
markprior22

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023-24 Mods