Game Speed

Game Speed

Postby 23Zone » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:55 am

After the latest patch update the fastest game speed when playing out a game I can get is 9 before I could make it much faster. In faster speeds it would stop showing the player movement and just give the play by play words and so on. I read in the patch notes that not allowing the game speed above 9 was a fix. I was just wondering what it fixed. It keeps me from playing out the games the way I used to do it. It might sound like kind of a cheat but in order to set my double teams... which I think helps quite a bit... I would always play out my games in fast mode with auto substitution set on instead of just simming them. Doing it this way also allowed me to call timeouts for my team when it seemed to be going bad which seems to help a lot without doing all of the substitutions. Then at the end of the game I could also regain control of my team if I wanted to control the end of the game to help me win. Now at speed 9 it takes much longer for a game to play out. Can we get the higher speeds back? Before the change I could play a game in 3 or 4 minutes... now it takes 10 minutes or so. Just for reference I used to play the older version of the game in speed 10 which is much faster than the speed 9 we now have.
23Zone

Re: Game Speed

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:38 pm

There is a fast forward button that should provide that same option? Was whatever happening on speed 10 different than what the fast forward option accomplishes?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby 23Zone » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:29 am

Hi Gary... The fast forward option doesn't seem to allow me to stop it or affect the game in any way. One of the things I would do in the past was when I see an issue... like the other team is making a run I would stop it by calling time out or I might take control of my team and make some subs. When I hit fast forward it seems like the game is in complete auto pilot and I can't do anything. It moves really fast and its hard to catch what I would want to see. Also I cannot seem to get the speed above 9... is there still speed 10? That might be the fix to my issue.
23Zone

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:41 am

In FF you need to hit Pause, then Stop, but there is a lag even doing that, often several minutes. Hopefully Gary can fix that for the next build.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:21 pm

Correction! Looks like this is fixed. Remember to hit Pause first.
Wayne23

Postby jlemmen43 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:59 pm

How do you hit STOP? I only see Play, Pause, FF, Decrease Speed, Increase Speed, Game Options, PBP Log
jlemmen43

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:36 pm

Hit Pause. That will stop the game where it is. The only way to stop play is to call a time out.
Wayne23

Postby jlemmen43 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:22 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Hit Pause. That will stop the game where it is. The only way to stop play is to call a time out.

Ohh ok, so like a Game Stopage, gotcha.
jlemmen43

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion