4th Post Season Tournament Ideas?

4th Post Season Tournament Ideas?

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:44 am

Seems the 4th Post Season Tournament in DDSCB keeps changing in real life. First is was the CIT and it went defunct. Then it became the TBC now it appears to have gone too, as last year and this year their website has not changed and no games. So what to do in DDSCB24 for the 4th post season tournament. Looking for ideas..
We have the NCAA, NIT, CBI and no 4th Tournament
Couple of options I have thought about as maybe we should just make a fictional one until something solid comes in to the picture. These will be Low Major Teams in this tournament.
CBE - College Basketball Experience - Was a tournament put on by the Hall of Fame but is no longer as well. It was actually a early season tournament when it existed. But the name fits for a 4th and fits the type teams that will play in the tournament.
WS - A Wolverine Tournament that leans on Wolverine Studios WS Logo and colors but not overkill.
Continue to use either the TBC or CIT even though they don't exist.

Suggestions welcomed.
NCAAhoops

Re: 4th Post Season Tournament Ideas?

Postby jlemmen43 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:08 am

Ideally, I'd like to see the 3rd and 4th tourneys merge into one bigger tourney...but considering that probably won't happen...I think just leaving the format the same and maybe keeping TBC as the default name/court/logo is the best solution.
jlemmen43

Postby blazertaz13 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:24 am

I second what has been said above.

For the 4th tournament, I like the idea of a WS logo tourney.
blazertaz13

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:18 pm

Well, looks like there was a CIT tourney this year. With such little advertisement of it, you'd think why even bother? But I guess when like 4 of your top Teams Left Out of the Main Tourney decide to snub the NIT, I guess you can't expect much out of the minor tourneys. Such a shame. Hoping Indiana State wins the NIT cuz of all the snubs, they probably had the best case, and they played the NIT anyways. Good on them.
jlemmen43

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

Thanks for the info! I never heard a word about the CIT coming back. As I said above I went to the TBC site and had not been updated at all, guess I should have looked for the CIT. So I think I might add it back to the end of year update in the mod after the NCAA tournament.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

Just looked up the CIT Tourney 2024 in Wilipedia and here's a quote from there:

"The 2024 CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT) was a postseason single-elimination tournament of NCAA Division I basketball teams. This is the first CIT contested since 2019. The 2020 and 2021 CITs were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2022, the CIT was replaced by The Basketball Classic. Neither The Basketball Classic nor the CIT were contested in 2023. However, CollegeInsider.com announced in early March 2024, that the CIT will be revived in a 16-team pod-based format for the 2023–24 postseason. Ultimately, only nine teams agreed to play in the 2024 edition."

Of the 9 teams, one was Alabama A&T which entered with an 11-22 record (yikes!!!)....but to the Bulldogs' credit....they won their opener (quarterfinal) game over Austin Peay, before losing their semifinal game to Norfolk State which ultimately won the tourney this year.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm

Damn that's brutal! Haha. I think they should make one huge tournament, but with something like this: the first round split into two sections: major and minor. All conference tourney winners get to pick which division the start in. All conference reg season winners make one or the other but the fields are determined by At-Large qualifications. That would split the two divisions by talent for the most part. All top 25 schools would be in the Major I assume. In both divisions, all first round losses go into the 3rd tournament (like the consolation bracket) and battle it out to the end. The minor tourney final four would battle the major tourney final four and the champ would be crowned from there. It would keep all potentially worthy teams in an opportunity to win it all or at least win a good prize after slipping up the first game.
jlemmen43

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion