One Bug & One Suggestion

One Bug & One Suggestion

Postby FredHoiberg » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:43 pm

I am LOVING this game and have found one "bug" so far.

When playing a game live in 2D, the current stamina/fatigue level of each player is correct while they're in the game.

However, once they come out, it never updates their current level on the top left new widget and conversely, the guys who check in stay fully green in that same window no matter how long they're in the game.

Also, I'm noticing you took away the rating to show stamina on each player, correct? Not sure if this is all corrected somehow.

Has anyone else noticed this?

One other thing - when playing a game live, 9 is the fastest you can go, but that speed seems much slower than the fastest speed in past editions. is there a way to make 9 a little faster?

Thank you!!
FredHoiberg

Re: One Bug & One Suggestion

Postby FredHoiberg » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:10 pm

Two other bugs I've encountered tonight:

1. In regards to the above speed of the 2D game, if you EVER move the speed of it past 9 OR attempt to move speed forward then backwards, the 2D ceases to exist. You just read play by play. There is no game to watch.

2. At end of my first season, I tried over and over and wasn't able to offer an assistant coaching job. Come to think of it, I did NOT have an opening, however, but didn't want to fire my assistant unless I got this certain guy on the open market. Was I not able to offer because all three assistants were full at the time at my school?

Thank you!
FredHoiberg

Postby PointGuard » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:41 pm

Right, you can not hire to a presently filled position.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:58 am

9 is the fastest playable speed - I have to figure out why its allowing sometimes to go beyond that is the fastest that I felt it could go to where things did not get jumbled up on the screen and in the code because the code would be moving too fast for the display to keep up. As for the endurance if you click away to another screen and then back to your sub screen it will update. I didn't want it to constantly be updating because its again another use of resources that would constantly slow things down
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby chrismarieault » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:35 pm

I tried the demo and the game speed at 9 is too slow for me.

Previous version, I could get through a game in like 10-15 minutes altogether.

Layout of the play and pause button is different than previous editions. . Previous editions it was bottom of the 2D court and was perfect imo. I like the previous editions being towards the center part of the screen.

I have bought pretty much every edition of the college basketball games and love how you improve the game year to year. May have to skip this edition unfortunately unless the game speed 9 can be the speed 9 like in previous editions, control buttons I can get use to but the previous editions were perfect imo. Hopefully the evolution of the game will continue. If only you had a partnership with 2k sports, they build the game engine part and you put every other mechanic that is in DDSCB, it would be the greatest game
Of all time.
chrismarieault

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:32 am

I am sorry that the game speed is a little too slow for you - this new display I think is a vast improvement over the prior one and will continue to get better over time. I will continue to evaluate suggestions and requests made upon it. The controls moved over to the left for one to give more screen space in the middle for the larger court area and the other info that is displayed but since all of the items you need to control are on the left side it only made sense to put those buttons over there so that you did not have to move all over the screen but just in the left side area instead.

There is always the ability to fast forward through parts of the game if you want the game to take less time as well. I realize that is not what you are explicitly asking for but just pointing that out as an option for now while things regarding the speed can be evaluated.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:33 pm

Most of you probably already know and use this...but as a reminder....there are hot keys for the two main actions during a game...CTRL for play and Backspace for pause. Since I use a computer with a touchpad, I also often put the cursor on the play icon and then I can simply click the touchpad to get the game to resume after an in-game action that has stopped play.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion