NIL deals...illegal recruiting?

NIL deals...illegal recruiting?

Postby hotdawg33 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:47 am

Is there even illegal recruiting anymore in the NCAA...Not sure if anyone is aware of a new college football game called football coach college dynasty...but the game has a really cool concept of adding NIL deals to player scholarship offers...not sure if it can be added for this game but maybe futrue games if it can't...maybe part of the budget or actually offering NIL deals to players which would take money away from your overall budget.
hotdawg33

Re: NIL deals...illegal recruiting?

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:55 am

We have removed the illegal recruiting option from the league setup in the game (although now that I look at the options page in game I see I did not remove it from the menu there which I will in the first update)

I think as NIL becomes more clear we might be able to add it into the game - the issue right now is that its not the school itself that is offering the NIL. Could we make it that way? Sure I guess but I chose not to for this time around because I would like to explore figuring out how to do it in a more realistic fashion within the game. Maybe you can help influence the creation of a NIL Collective at your school and then somehow that will earn money which it can offer when you recruit players - I don't know exactly how I want to do it but its definitely something I have given thought to and will appear at some point in the game I am sure.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: NIL deals...illegal recruiting?

Postby jksander » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:34 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:We have removed the illegal recruiting option from the league setup in the game (although now that I look at the options page in game I see I did not remove it from the menu there which I will in the first update)

I think as NIL becomes more clear we might be able to add it into the game - the issue right now is that its not the school itself that is offering the NIL. Could we make it that way? Sure I guess but I chose not to for this time around because I would like to explore figuring out how to do it in a more realistic fashion within the game. Maybe you can help influence the creation of a NIL Collective at your school and then somehow that will earn money which it can offer when you recruit players - I don't know exactly how I want to do it but its definitely something I have given thought to and will appear at some point in the game I am sure.

I like the idea of having "Booster Collectives" but I agree implementing it would be difficult ... bigger programs in the game already have budgets that are so big compared to smaller schools in the game that adding boosters to that would not affect much. So implementing it in a way where boosters can help mid-majors make up funding gaps would be interesting.
jksander
Elite Member

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion