Revokign Scholarship & Prestige

Revokign Scholarship & Prestige

Postby FredHoiberg » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:17 am

I am LOVING this game. Already on season #5.

I began with a team in my second year as head coach that had a prestige of 46.

In year one at the school, I made the Sweet 16 and that went up to 49 (I think).

In year two at the school, I made the Elite 8 and that went up to 53 (I think).

In year three at the school, I went to the Round of 32 and lost.

But somehow, as I began year four at this school, my prestige dropped ELEVEN SPOTS down to 42 - which is LOWER than where I started, even after three straight tournaments (and wins each year).

One thing I'll note is I DID "revoke" three scholarships of underperforming/underdeveloping guys so I could recruit more. Basically one per season.

How big of an impact does revoke a scholarship have on prestige and would that, coupled with a round of 32 loss, make sense for an 11 point DROP and a lower prestige than what I started on?

Thank you!

Dave
FredHoiberg

Re: Revokign Scholarship & Prestige

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:52 am

Huge impact if you revoke during the transfer period. Less so after, usually 1 or 2 points per revoke.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:52 pm

Well two things are responsible - first 20% of the prestige is based on current results so going from Elite 8 to Round of 32 will cause a noticeable drop (just as making the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 caused a quick rise)

The second is the revocation of scholarships. Basically you are sending the message to kids that your scholarships are not guarantees and you will get rid of them the minute you think something better might come along. If you do it near the end of a season basically priming yourself to have another spot in the transfer portal you really get killed on the prestige especially since people were doing that to build better teams than they should be able to without and real consequences for cutting players in the prior version.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby jfsolo23 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:35 pm

Yeah, I cut a player late in the season who was a solid player but was causing too many disruptions in the locker room, and was surprised by how big a prestige hit I took, but I like the increased penalty for doing so. It shouldn't be so pain free to jettison a player on scholly.
jfsolo23

Postby jlemmen43 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:15 pm

jfsolo23 wrote:Yeah, I cut a player late in the season who was a solid player but was causing too many disruptions in the locker room, and was surprised by how big a prestige hit I took, but I like the increased penalty for doing so. It shouldn't be so pain free to jettison a player on scholly.

And that's a nice risk you might be willing to take. Get rid of a cancer and save your season; recoup the prestige in the years following.
jlemmen43

Postby chrismarieault » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:36 pm

I would suspend him next time and put him on the bottom of the depth chart.

If he continues to be a problem, suspension suspension suspension.
Then expect him to transfer out.
chrismarieault

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion