Technical Fouls

Technical Fouls

Postby ezcar » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:39 am

During the game the my team got a tech. They lined up at the correct FT line and shot all the way to the opposite basket. They missed them both so I can't say if it would have counted for the wrong team.
Later they got a tech. My team lined up at the correct basket and shot at the correct basket. I will keep my eye out for this to see if its a one time thing or a bug
ezcar

Re: Technical Fouls

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:17 am

Hadn't noticed technical fouls being shot on the wrong end previously. But in a game I just played, there were 2 T's in the first half and both were shot on the right end of the court. Then in the 2nd half, one team missed the first and made the 2nd foul shot on a regular shooting foul. Immediately after that free throw was made, a T was assessed on a player on the team that had been shooting the free throws. The first free throw for the T was shot from the free throw line on the wrong end of the court (same free foul line as had been used for the previous free throws)...to be honest i'm not sure if the ball went in that basket or all the way down to the right end of the court...the score was updated correctly though. Then the same player scooted down to the other end and shot his 2nd foul shot for the T. Following those free throws, the ball was awarded back to the team on which the T had been called (which it shouldn't have been).

Weirdly the T's were flying in this game...another one (the 4th of the game) was called a couple minutes later. And late in the game a 5th T was assessed. I guess these refs were pretty darned thin-skinned. The free throw shots for those T's were shot from the right end of the court and the ball was awarded afterward to the correct team.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:35 am

I will investigate the issue but regardless it would be just a display issue and the correct score and stats would be kept
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:36 pm

Plus...the crowd goes absolutely WILD when a guy sinks a free throw from the entire length of the court. :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby zekeroberts » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:46 pm

viewtopic.php?f=363&p=242341#p242341

technical issue from firstaccess
zekeroberts

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion