Building a true dynasty

Building a true dynasty

Postby SteveVictory » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:50 pm

This is more a general question about the DDS:CB series. Has anyone stayed at a small/tiny school for a long time and built them into a national power? I think about real-life Gonzaga. They were a no-name and Cinderella a few decades ago but now are regulars in the top 25. Has anyone created a Gonzaga in their dynasty attempts?

I just took over a 7 prestige school (still playing CB22 for now). Wondering how far up I can take them, Hopefully past 7 to start with!
SteveVictory

Re: Building a true dynasty

Postby jolo240 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:03 pm

I tried St. Thomas (MN) in my 1st time playing CB22. They started with literally 0 prestige. Very challenging (I played with recruiting level set to "easy" though), it took me about 20-30 years (I forgot already as I stopped after I passed Coach K in wins) to make my Tommies to a perennial powerhouse. I had upped my prestige up to 50-60s.

It would be really challenging and nerve-wracking to play with a higher recruiting difficulty though (I had mine on easy before). Right now I'm playing as Houston Christian (started as a 3, recruiting difficulty set to Hard) and 7 seasons in, I'm just at 11 Prestige now.

Just keep on playing and you'll learn! Enjoy the game!
jolo240

Postby SteveVictory » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:14 pm

I'm jumping in with NC A&T, which has a prestige of seven ... we'll see how it goes... At least I'm getting some sniffs from recruits... I inherited a decent first assistant who is 3 stars in recruiting...
SteveVictory

Postby jolo240 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:32 pm

Yep, it helps having an assistant with a high rating for recruiting (they can sometimes change recruits' interest by their own). If you set recruiting to hard, other recruits won't even look at you. It's gonna be rough at first though, just keep grinding.
jolo240

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion