Editing Conference Schedule

Editing Conference Schedule

Postby BKL » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:28 pm

I know how to edit the schedule included in the game files. What I'm wondering is if it's possible to edit the number of conference games (by changing the schedule file) and not cause any problems to the game? I would like to reduce a promotion/demotion league to only 15 conference games (instead of 16) so that each team just plays each other once. I realize that some teams will get an extra home/away game, but I'm okay with this.
BKL

Re: Editing Conference Schedule

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:52 pm

Well editing the schedule file would be halfway there - you could open the schedule.db file and add a Sched16b table to create a 15 game conference schedule (this is not an easy task as its easy to make mistakes in the dates but it can be done) and you could change the default.db for the ConferncesRel table to assign the 16b to the conference type column but I would still have to go into the code and make it recognize 16b as a valid schedule. If you did create the schedule I would be willing to go in and make the edits so that it would work (or at least work for you to test it and make sure it works ok) and then if everything works ok and you are willing to share the table with me I could add it as an official option for everyone else in the default file so you did not have to share it with everyone.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby BKL » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:44 am

Gary,
I have the schedule completed - what's the best way to get it to you?
BKL

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:36 pm

Well no need to send anything to me yet - I am working on another update and will adjust it to accept a schedule 16b type and then you can test it out and see how it works and if there are no issues we can fully implement it with a future build
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion