Player's NET, On/Off

Player's NET, On/Off

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:30 pm

How big a factor is a player's On/Off and NET? I have a guy who is my worst defender but a great shooter and rebounder. He has the best On/Off and the best NET on the team. I'm thinking I should be playing him more despite the poor D.
What do you think?
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Player's NET, On/Off

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:06 am

No clear cut answer possible. But if he's coming into the game often at times when the opponents have a bunch of subs on the court, he may not be as effective as his On/Off seems to be indicating. If he has to play against front line players, his On/Off may suffer.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wildcat18 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:20 am

IMO, depends on the rest of your team, and what position he plays. I’m currently having great success in my St. Peter’s save with a C who’s horrible at defense and mediocre at rebounding, but a great inferior scorer and good enough passing for a big man. I’ve been able to do this because I have a SF and PF who are elite rebounders, and any time he’s in the game I just double team the opposing center. Late in the game, when I’m trying to protect the lead, I shift starting PF to center and put in whichever bench guy makes the most sense for the situation.
Wildcat18

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:08 pm

Wildcat18 wrote:IMO, depends on the rest of your team, and what position he plays. I’m currently having great success in my St. Peter’s save with a C who’s horrible at defense and mediocre at rebounding, but a great inferior scorer and good enough passing for a big man. I’ve been able to do this because I have a SF and PF who are elite rebounders, and any time he’s in the game I just double team the opposing center. Late in the game, when I’m trying to protect the lead, I shift starting PF to center and put in whichever bench guy makes the most sense for the situation.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy posts like this. It's so cool to see people actually coaching their teams and figuring out what works even if it doesn't seem like based on the pure ratings themselves it would make sense.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion