Coaching Question

Coaching Question

Postby nuwildcat » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:25 pm

Does the assistant coach assigned to practice have the biggest impact, other than the head coach, on learning offensive and defensive sets? I would assume this would be the case but it is not explained in the Coach Ratings Help section in the game. Ultimately, my question is when deciding which coach to assign to Practice, should I consider the coach's Player Development Rating along with the Offensive and Defensive Concept Ratings or do the latter two not matter?
nuwildcat

Re: Coaching Question

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:37 pm

Yep. O, D, Player Dev. all controlled by Practice coach- well, head coach with help from Practice coach.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Coaching Question

Postby jlemmen43 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:29 pm

Ideally you want a Practice coach that excels in the O/D/Dev. And then recruiting and scouting specialty coaches. If you want to maximize the bang for your buck, that's how I'd do it. A well rounded ratings coach is more likely to be sought after for a head coaching job since all the ratings pertain to a HC...so if you would prefer your assistant doesn't leave for a bigger opportunity, search for one that is good in the O/D/Dev categories and weak in Rec and Scouting.
jlemmen43

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion