11.2 coming Wednesday

11.2 coming Wednesday

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:14 pm

Just a heads up for those looking for the next update. Plan is to release it Wednesday and here is what is planning on being covered

missing jersey file for player card for queens city players
fixed issue where a couple conference tournaments were not showing up when viewing brackets
fixed an error trying to 2D play a conference tournament game for WCC
addressed issue with technical foul 2D shots
made significant changes to recruiting late in the year so that schools get more aggressive and players get more open to signing with those schools so that some terrible schools aren't ending up with a team full of walkons
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: 11.2 coming Wednesday

Postby iPrestige » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:20 am

Hey Gary,

Not sure if you can fix this issue within this coming update:

A few players & myself have noticed an issue with the Parent Control section on a recruit's profile during the recruiting process; the bar is not displaying any of the color-coded indicators it usually does after contacting a recruit about his parent(s). I contacted a recruit who told me his parents were "overbearing and strict," yet the bar remained the same. I am aware that a good number of recruits decide to make their decision 100% their own, but the one's who have clearly communicated otherwise should display something.

Thanks in advance!
iPrestige

Postby alternativestats » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:12 am

I didn't feel like this was an issue worth reporting but the transfer portal might require a tweak also. I started at Houston Christian, finished my first season 14-19 but won my conference tournament. Then I got 4 star senior center in the transfer portal. Actually, all three players I offered in the transfer portal immediately accepted despite "low" interest.
alternativestats

Postby rtruesdell » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:30 pm

A few small issues I've seen so far:
- As reported, no bar for any recruit for Parent Control (same as iPrestige above)
- Key Dates popup: May 1 still says Order Recruit Scouting Services (should be Set Budget)
- Budget button for Wellness says "Update Amenities" instead of "Update Wellness"
- This might be a bigger issue: So far, every recruit that I've hosted has had an "Awesome" time on their visit. I tried it on guys who have absolutely zero interest in my school, and they they too are Awesome. I have recruiting set to Brutal. This is a DDSCB22 import, and I'm at a top school with 99 Prestige and A+ Facilities. So yeah. But in '22, I've always had a spectrum of guys who said "Awesome", "Enjoyed", and "Cool"... the three tiers of interest. And never a guy with zero interest saying Awesome. So this looks like it needs a tweak.
rtruesdell

Postby PointGuard » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:49 pm

rtruesdell wrote:- This might be a bigger issue: So far, every recruit that I've hosted has had an "Awesome" time on their visit. I tried it on guys who have absolutely zero interest in my school, and they they too are Awesome. I have recruiting set to Brutal. This is a DDSCB22 import, and I'm at a top school with 99 Prestige and A+ Facilities. So yeah. But in '22, I've always had a spectrum of guys who said "Awesome", "Enjoyed", and "Cool"... the three tiers of interest. And never a guy with zero interest saying Awesome. So this looks like it needs a tweak.

Seems this may be an issue for an elite prestige school. I also use brutal level for recruiting and just checked all campus visits for the entire season for my 23 prestige school and C- facilities...no "awesomes" or "cools", but a mix of all other responses from enjoyed to not worthwhile. Seems about the same as I was encountering in CB2022.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby markprior22 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:46 am

I feel like there is definitely a problem with these visits. I always coach Iowa and haven't seen this issue at all in the past. I, too, am getting "awesome" visits from recruits with no interest then they don't even want to talk. Something has definitely changed in this area and it isn't for the better.
markprior22

Postby rtruesdell » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:49 pm

markprior22 wrote:I feel like there is definitely a problem with these visits. I always coach Iowa and haven't seen this issue at all in the past. I, too, am getting "awesome" visits from recruits with no interest then they don't even want to talk. Something has definitely changed in this area and it isn't for the better.

I have an interesting comparison. I had started my CBB23 game with the CBB22 save, so I kept on with that save in CBB22. The generated recruits appear to the same. I hosted the top three on my list, all of whom had the same level of interest as they did (Cool) when I hosted them in CBB23. In '22, I got one Awesome, one Enjoyed, and one Cool (all were Awesome in '23). My roster is unchanged between '22 and '23 for the latter two (both are PG, and I didn't sign a transfer PG). So the difference appears to be the two game versions.
rtruesdell

Postby rtruesdell » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:50 pm

Gary, any thoughts on the always-Awesome visits?
rtruesdell

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:43 pm

Well what are you spending in terms of amenities? If you have A+ facilities and are one of the top teams in amenities then yes, chances are any recruit you have in is going to have an awesome visit. I mean even if you did not really have much interest in going to a school if you showed up and walked into some hugely impressive building with the best of everything that made it look like you would be on a luxury vacation for your next four years you would be hard pressed to say that you weren't blown away on the visit.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby rtruesdell » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:11 pm

Amenities are definitely A+ and spending plenty. It's just very different than CB22 for the same players with the same save file (as I documented above). But if that's how it's supposed to work now, that's how it is, we just have to adapt!
rtruesdell

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion