Tactical help from my fellow coaches

Tactical help from my fellow coaches

Postby Gazkyo » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:05 pm

Hi everyone I would appreciate some advice on tactics and the issue I seem to have.
My team seems to be full of good outside shooters. The default tactics were predominantly 5 out which looking at the stats I agreed with. However my 3 point shooting in actual games is atrocious. Is there anything I should be thinking about that will assist with the tactics. I am using about 20% practice time allocated to 5 out. Should I be doing more? I did notice that a lot of my 3 point attempts were taken by the one player (centre) who has the lowest attribute so I was wondering if I could focus the passing to different shooters somehow like my guards.
I understand that without seeing my team direct advice cannot be given but I'm looking for a more general understanding as I'm new to the game and fairly new to basketball. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Gazkyo

Re: Tactical help from my fellow coaches

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:20 am

1. 5 out is a good O for this, yes. Go into Commissioner mode and see what % of this C's shots are three pointers. It's not cheating to adjust that if it's too high. I mean who has a C who takes most of the threes? No one. Also, increase the pace of your offense- this usually leads to more shots and fewer turnovers.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion