A Recruit's Top 10

A Recruit's Top 10

Postby ECHood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:23 am

I like how you can see a recruit's top 10 schools and whether they've visited or been offered and the interest level. However, it seems to me that almost all of the recruits, even lower-ranked ones, have the best programs in the country throughout their top 10 for awhile into the process. I'm currently playing at Sacred Heart, on normal recruiting difficulty, and most of the players I'm going against say like:

Duke
Connecticut
St. John's
Syracuse
North Carolina
Sacred Heart
Villanova
Georgetown
Boston College
NC State

And believe me, I'm not going for Top 100 or even Top 200 recruits. These are guys ranked 300 into the 1000s. Now, I don't mind that these guys dream big haha, but I feel like their dreams should be squashed around the time of the camps when things become clear and the big dogs start hunting. At Sacred Heart, by August, I expect to be competing with the Central Connecticuts and Yales of the world and to know if my guys are visiting them and if they like them. So maybe something is a bit skewed here? In general (and I know there can be exceptions), the top 100 is going for starting jobs at the very best schools, the Top 200-300 are more dispersed among the best leagues but also some of the secondary places (like the Atlantic 10, American Athletic Conference, West Coast Conference etc), and guys ranked way lower in the 400s and above are taking the scraps at the smaller schools. I don't mind that - it's satisfying to find low-ranked gems - but I feel like some of these players should be visiting and considering teams more like Sacred Heart than Duke by August if not earlier in the process.
ECHood

Re: A Recruit's Top 10

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:14 am

I'm not saying your wrong because I don't know all of the details on your association but Sacred Heart has pretty low rating so 900 and above would probably be the only recruits early on interested in you unless they are in your state or parents influence you could get some better. But I play a higher rated team than sacred Heart and that's how it works for me, 800's and up interested. I did get a 700's ranked pg but he was interested from the start, in state, and wanted to play close to home and during recruiting his parents wanted him to attend my school, otherwise I would not have got him.
In real life Sacred Heart doesn't get high rated players. There highest was 3 star in 2015 and six 2 stars all before 2006 so it's not likely they are going to get recruits much below 1000. And of course your coaches recruiting and other ratings are going to have an effect. And every kid wants to go to those big time schools until reality sets in that those schools have offered all their scholarships to better players and then their interest will change.
NCAAhoops

Postby ECHood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:32 am

My assistant assigned to recruiting is low-ranked, a 23 out of 100. The players I've been getting are usually ranked between 500-1000. But... right now on August 21st, my "interested" recruits are ranked: 230, 261, 316, 437, 474, 514, 549, 562, 1037 and 1064. Perhaps the game is being too lenient in letting me in the top 10 lists of some of the better recruits? I think something's off in one direction or another. Either I shouldn't be on some of these recruits' top 10 lists, or there should be many more schools with similar prestiges to me on these Top 10 lists by, say, August. My team presige is 19, my league prestige is 13.
ECHood

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:12 pm

Prestige 19 team...if the AI were recruting for that school, the recruits landed would most probably be 1000 and above, maybe one who is is lower. If the human player is recruiting, you'll mostly likely do better...how much better depends on your skill/luck and the year and most definitely the recruiting difficulty level you're using.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ECHood » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:22 pm

PointGuard wrote:Prestige 19 team...if the AI were recruting for that school, the recruits landed would most probably be 1000 and above, maybe one who is is lower. If the human player is recruiting, you'll mostly likely do better...how much better depends on your skill/luck and the year and most definitely the recruiting difficulty level you're using.

Yeah... I guess that's a little odd to me. I'm at Sacred Heart. All the other 19-ish prestige school coaches must think I have magical powers or something. I haven't done much special other than contact a bunch of recruits and had my 23-rated recruiting assistant talk to them about my poorly-rated program.
ECHood

Postby PointGuard » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:16 pm

Suggest you increase your recruiting difficulty level.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:22 pm

Did you actually get a recruit in the 200s to commit? Is his top 10 like 9 blue blood schools and then you mixed in? I mean a guy could have interest in you but maybe only so far as if his other options don't work out or something like that and nobody better comes along.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion