Bubble Watch

Bubble Watch

Postby ECHood » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:36 pm

I have a request that I hope isn't too difficult to pull off, but I was wondering if the Bubble Watch page could stay live through Selection Sunday, and remain updated with the latest results through that Sunday (conference champions, NET rankings, records). Before the Selection Show I like to really examine the results and bubble and all of that and it's such a convenient place to look at everything in one spot. However, it disappears after Saturday's games are completed.

If no one has any objections, I'd love to see that page active through Selection Sunday. Maybe it could disappear after the Selection Show runs?
ECHood

Re: Bubble Watch

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:16 pm

Good points!
jlemmen43

Postby PointGuard » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:16 am

Not sure how easy this is to implement...that's up to Gary. But should it not be changed, since you want to analyze, then suggest you do a print screen of the bubble watch just before it diappears and save that.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby ECHood » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:16 am

PointGuard wrote:Not sure how easy this is to implement...that's up to Gary. But should it not be changed, since you want to analyze, then suggest you do a print screen of the bubble watch just before it diappears and save that.

I sim on Saturday for all but one game so I can look at it, but that doesn't have the updated info from Sunday's championship games and I don't believe it makes NET updates nor some title updates from Saturday's games either, so it's incomplete.

Of course, this isn't a huge deal if it is hard to implement. I've always just wondered why it disappeared after Saturday's games.
ECHood

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:33 pm

Well the problem with displaying it after that point is that it kind of gives away the selection show because then it would know who made it and who did not from the bubble.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby ECHood » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:46 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Well the problem with displaying it after that point is that it kind of gives away the selection show because then it would know who made it and who did not from the bubble.

I understand. I just thought that Bubble Watch page wasn't official but more of a media bracketology prediction page.
ECHood

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion