Scouting

Scouting

Postby dirtbowldan » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:55 pm

Could anyone explain the scouting rating and how it works to me or point me to a place where there is more info about it?
dirtbowldan

Re: Scouting

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:28 pm

It's basically how accurate the ratings seen are to reality. The lower the rating, the more chance that there's inaccuracy in the ratings of your players and other teams players.
jlemmen43

Postby dirtbowldan » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:51 pm

thank you! does rescouting make the ratings more accurate or does it just change the rating randomly relative to the scouting skill? also if my coach has 100 scouting, does it matter if my asst coach assigned to scouting is skilled well?
dirtbowldan

Postby jlemmen43 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:02 pm

dirtbowldan wrote:thank you! does rescouting make the ratings more accurate or does it just change the rating randomly relative to the scouting skill? also if my coach has 100 scouting, does it matter if my asst coach assigned to scouting is skilled well?

Your assistant that you have assigned to Scouting will affect your ratings to a degree (not sure how much). My guess is that if you had a HC with 100 scouting and your Scout Coach with 20 scouting, you'd get maybe a 20-25% drop in accuracy...but that's just a reasonable guess.

Not sure about the re-scouting...someone on here would know that for sure.
jlemmen43

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm

scouting multiple times will in theory hone in on a more accurate number but it sort of depends on the skill level. If he's a terrible scout he might think one time the player is amazing and then another time think he's terrible whereas if he's at least a decent scout he shouldn't be too far off on most of the assessments so the overall view will be closer to the truth
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby ignats75 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:02 pm

Does live scouting warm a recruit to you? Does he know you're in the gym even though direct contact is a no-no. And does that warm him to your school?
ignats75

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion