Do I have a say so during transfer portal?

Do I have a say so during transfer portal?

Postby Stragum5! » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:52 pm

I am in the off-season of my 2nd season and going through players transferring (transfer portal).

I had 3 players leave - saying to much competition at their natural position. Which puts me at 11 players.

Do I have a say so in talking a player into coming to my school? Or do they just randomly transfer?

Will I get 3 players to replace the ones who transferred out?
Last edited by Stragum5! on Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stragum5!

Re: Do I have a say so during transfer portal?

Postby jfsolo23 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:32 pm

Stragum5! wrote:I am in the off-season of my 2nd season and am going players transferring (transfer portal).

I had 3 players leave - saying to much competition at their natural position. Which puts me at 11 players.

Do I have a say so in talking a player into coming to my school? Or do they just randomly transfer?

Will I get 3 players to replace the ones who transferred out?

Yes, you will have 3 schollies(unless one of the players who left was a walkon) to use during the transfer portal sessions where you can scout and then offer any of the available players in the portal.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:35 am

During each of the 8 transfer sessions, you can "contact" up to 30 players on the transfer list and you can make an "offer" to as many players as you have scholarships available. Costs you $100/contact and $500/offer.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Stragum5! » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:46 am

thanks guys for response!! Appreciate it. I ended up getting 3 players. A 3 star and 2 1 stars - the 1 stars don't care about playing time - bench warmers.

I will know what to do when season 3 rolls around.
Last edited by Stragum5! on Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stragum5!

Postby JWW » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:11 pm

One thing I learned in using the portal. If you see a really quality player you want, don't hesitate. Sometimes they are gone after the first round. If, for example, you see a player from a top notch school with really good stats, you might take a chance on the player and offer in the first round. I did that (described in a post I made below) with a really good center who either started or played major minutes with a major college the previous season, and it helped turn my low mid-major program into a winner.
JWW

Postby Stragum5! » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:34 am

Thanks JWW.
Stragum5!

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion