A New type Mod in the Mods section

A New type Mod in the Mods section

Postby NCAAhoops » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:24 pm

Greatest Teams 3 Mod!
This is a collection of teams of the 3 point shot era. The teams had to be a powerhouse team of their time or could be a team with a great player to justify being in the mod. The teams range from the mid 1980's to the 2021-22 seasons.
All teams have real players with real ratings to preform as they did in real life. They also use the games facegens to have their real appearance. They have potentials set so they will improve appropriately over the season or if you play an association for 2 years.
The old teams have their throw back logos and courts with 59 old courts included.
It is playable as an exhibition, tournament or as an association.

Also Thanks to the beta testers pointguard and wayne23 for their testing and giving up their time and encouragement to make this project come to life after a couple of years.

Let me know what you think of this, as it's kind of a different type mod than the College Mod. Kind of nostalgic and a history lesson all in one.
NCAAhoops

Re: A New type Mod in the Mods section

Postby PointGuard » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:39 pm

This GREAT TEAMS Mod of the 3-point era is fantastic. So nice to be able to play some really high-power teams with historic stars who we still remember and who perform as they did while in college.

I've been running a 64-team tournament composed of teams from the Great Teams Mod (have been posting the results of individual games from that tourney in the DDSCB Dynasty forum). I'm finding it not only interesting to see how the teams do, but how big name players perform.

After I complete that Tournament Maker 64-team tourney, I plan to run some smaller tournaments with teams from the Great Teams mod in Tournament Maker...there's so many intriguing different ways to tailor these tourneys.

Thinking about playing a full season with the mod to see how these Great do when they play 30+ games each...and how some of the historic players do over the course of a season.

Also considering possibly running an association (with no early departure to the pro draft) for 3 years to see how guys that are freshman in the mod (who in real life left for the NBA after their freshman or sophomore season in college) do over the course a full 4-year college career. For example, how does the University of Michigan team with the Fav Five do and those 5 players do individually had they played together for their entire college career?

Thanks, NCAAhoops, for devising this fantastic mod with real players and coaches with realistic performances.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:23 pm

Running the 64-team Great Teams Tournament that I set up took me almost 4 months to play out, but I finally finished it and the details of each game are posted in the DDSCB College Dynasty section.

This Great Teams Mod worked fantastically! And the mod has been improved and updated since I began the tournament. I whole-heartedly recommend it as a great way to do some different and unique new things with DDSCB.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:07 am

I did just post a significant update over in the mods dated 7/22/2023 version 23.5. This will probably be the last update to the Greatest teams for the DDSCB23 version of the game.

Update 23.5 7/12/2023
Fixed Arizona-89 coaches suits.

Update 23.4 4/7/2023
1. Add UCONN 2022-23 National Champions
2. Fixed some non conference rivals scheduling to have some older teams play each other by same year or if in real life they were in the same conference but not so in the mod becoming rivals.
3. Re-rated the top 89 coaches (teams with a year in their name) based on stats of the year of their team is in the mod. All ratings updated.
4. Some player re-ratings for Top shot blockers, some scorers like Glenn Robinson, and some full roster re-rates.
5. Added missing Butler 2010 player card jersey
6. Fixed some team abbreviations.
7. Fixed a couple of miss spellings in coaches names.
8. Instructions updated, including team list and rankings for Tournaments.
9. Updated injuries to filler players so they would not play during the season (Only works with DDSCB23 version 11.6 and higher). So now you can set injuries to 0% at the start of an association.
10. Some teams are better than previous version such as Georgetown-89 and others due to a change in how I rated teams.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion