Injury Percentage

Injury Percentage

Postby ECHood » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:38 pm

In CB22, when you had a player with an injury, you were able to see that player get better in real time. They might be at 89% with 11 days left but they gradually get better as time goes on, like 93% with 4 days left and 97% with one day left. You could make decisions on playing them with this information. In CB23, the percentage seems to stay the same for the entirety of an injury, 89% all the way through until 1 day left. Is this just a display change or is the player actually still 89% with one day left? I liked the CB22 way of seeing the healing process.
ECHood

Re: Injury Percentage

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:19 pm

Good point!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:48 pm

The only change made in this area was to correct an issue from CB22 where the injury reports were not displaying the same when you looked at different areas so I will investigate.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby ECHood » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:48 pm

My team's best player and the reigning conference player of the year suffered a strained calf so I moved him down in the depth chart to the bottom because he was at 86%. He stayed at 86% throughout the injury, so I kept him down at the bottom of the depth chart. With 5 days left on his injury, I didn't want to force it so I kept him at the bottom of the depth chart and even made some other players centers (his position) even though usually they aren't, just to have some backups. Nevertheless, after I simmed each game he was put in for 1 minute. Two days later, another game. Still at 86%. Kept him at the bottom of the depth chart. Simmed the game and he played 2 minutes.

So there goes the player of the year award this year as his stats will be destroyed by this. I didn't want to play him yet the game played him anyways. This is unbelievably frustrating. There has to be a way to prevent this from happening. It ruins the experience.

Even worse, knowing that it happened when I simmed it, that means it's happening at hundreds of other schools by their AI coaches at any time all season. It has to skew the numbers incredibly.

Am I the only one who notices this or cares?
ECHood

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:04 pm

If I have a player at 86% (+/-) I will play him less, but I WILL play him, maybe 75% of the time he normally plays. Never had the guy aggravate the injury yet and his stats take WAY less of a hit. Also, my team is much more likely to win! If he's in the 60s, percent wise, I will sit him and then the issue you mention comes up. I also find it frustrating that when I do NOT want to play a guy, and do all that I can to see that he doesn't play- last on the depth chart, no minutes assigned to him, he plays anyway.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:15 pm

I also would play a guy with 86%. I play out my games but have regularly observed that the AI plays guys with injuries that are in the 80's..in fact the Ai tends to play them to a lower energy level than would I. Sometimes it seems an injured player doesn't do as well as normal but then there are other times when they so just fine. As Wayne said, I've never observed that playing a player with a rather minor injury has resulted in aggravation of the injury or a lengthening of the recovery time.

When you say you put him at the bottom of the depth chart and eliminated all his playing minutes in the depth chart, did you place him in the 15th position (the VERY bottom...below even your walkons)? I thought that when simming the game would only play guys in the first 13 positions on the depth chart...but maybe i am wrong about this.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby ECHood » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:40 pm

Yes, putting the player at the very bottom of the depth list below everyone, and taking away all of their minutes. Also I changed a couple of PFs to C to help them soak up C minutes.
ECHood

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:25 pm

Some add'l info on affects of an injury and reduction in energy level from a post I found from Gary in the DDSPB forum:

"Your players will perform slightly worse as they lose endurance but remember slightly worse may still be better than an opponent. If Lebron were to play 48 minutes its not like in the 4th quarter he would look like some guy from the YMCA. Also the lower the EN% the higher risk of an injury."
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby ECHood » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:49 pm

My first post was about the injury percentage, but the issue with my latest post inside this thread has less to do with whether an injured guy is a good play but the power to make that decision being out of my hands once I hit sim, despite me placing them in a position where they shouldn't play. And the point is that someone with a torn ACL or broken bone or anything a lot worse than 86% will get into games if players get into foul trouble or whatever. And if it's happened to us, it's happening at all 300+ schools... and thus the stats and awards and NET ratings and NCAA seeds and bubble and everything are affected by this. I feel like we need a street clothes position or toggle switch in the depth chart. I've felt this in DDS Pro Basketball and DDS College Basketball for many years now.
ECHood

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion