What is your Team Budget Breakdown?

What is your Team Budget Breakdown?

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:14 am

I'll start .. I am pretty new to gaming cb23 but I pretty much submitted, working with $81.4k after coach costs:

Training 14% / Amenities 49% / Wellness 14%. Recruiting left 23% or $31.1k

Update. (oops definitely didn't leave enough for Summer Travel plans)
Chris

Re: What is your Team Budget Breakdown?

Postby KansasCityShawn » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:52 am

31 Seasons in with Kansas City Kangaroos

After Coaching Costs: $130,333
15% Training
31% Amenities
13% Wellness
Facilities Total: $78,000
My logic is Amenities will draw a lot of the recruits but in all honesty I have no clue if this works. LOL

41% Recruiting $52,333
My recruiting costs are so high because I never trust myself to leave enough money for home visits and campus visits.
KansasCityShawn

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:27 am

I spread it pretty evenly. If I have the $ I spend more on amenities first, wellness second.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby alternativestats » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:32 pm

This seems like a good thread for this question. I'm at a small school (Houston Christian). I don't have any seniors this year, so I don't need to put anything into the recruiting budget. Is there any downside to bumping up my facilities spending this year and then pulling some back out next season for recruiting or is every season's budget self contained?
alternativestats

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:33 pm

I don't know exactly how it works, but if it were me...I'd increase the % spent on training and wellness and decrease the % spent on amenties in a year when you don't have to recruit plus only allot enough money to recruiting if you feel a player will declare early thus opening a scholarship in the spring, then the next year when you have recruits to go after, I'd decrease % spent on training and wellness and increase % spent on amenities plus leave enough money to handle recruiting.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:50 pm

I vary all over the place on the % allotted to the 3 categories...depends on so many different things. For example, what's the present status of my school's facilities (if great, less need to spend much on amenities), what's the talent level of the players on my team (if high, less need to spend as much on training), is my team composed mostly of freshmen/sophomores (thus needing more training) or juniors/seniors (and probably not needing as much training), do I feel there's a lot of money to spend or very little (if a lot, can go crazy spending on any or all 3 categories, if hardly any, then what's really most important at the time), do i have a lot of players who's durability is suspect (if so, spend more on wellness), what's the prestige level of my team (if low, then maybe spend a higher amount on amenities to try to entice recruits), how'd the team do last season (if crappy, maybe need to spend more on training), how many scholarships to fill this season (iif a lot, cut the amount in the 3 categories and leave more for recruiting), and thenn there's....what kind of mood am I in on May 1 when the allotment is made.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:09 pm

Next Question!

Are people firing their coaches, or paying them really cheap to get more money to use in these buckets?
Chris

Postby jolo240 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:27 pm

When I'm in a low-budget school (e.g. Houston Christian), I skimp on coaches as much as possible to try to skim some more budget

On high-budget schools though, the difference in coach salaries to attributes is significant, so skimping there is not an option (unless you can see a 2nd Asst Coach with OP attributes you can promote to 1st Asst, you can try to skimp a little but it risks being poached by other schools instead)
jolo240

Postby ignats75 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:45 pm

I always try to get at least 3 stars for recruiting scouting and development. But recruiting is the priority.
ignats75

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion