Budget Transfer order

Budget Transfer order

Postby alternativestats » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:38 pm

This is probably a change that would have to happen in future editions, but I was wondering why you set a budget before knowing who would be transferring out. It seems to me that the order that makes more sense is... players transfer out (declare they are entering the transfer portal), set your budget for upcoming season, transfer portal actually opens.
alternativestats

Re: Budget Transfer order

Postby PointGuard » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:56 pm

Yeah I understand what you're saying...

BUT...maybe for purposes of this game, the school administrations require budgeting for all departments to be set by May 1 before the staff gets overtaxed with finals and grading, graduation activities, and figuring out what they're going to do over the summer. :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:10 am

How do you feel the transfers impacts what you are going to do budget wise? There are three areas of focus with the budgeting - recruiting, player development and player health/happiness - when designing it I felt those would be more overall philosophies on how you build your program as opposed to managing it based on your roster construct.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby alternativestats » Thu May 04, 2023 11:11 am

When I decide how much money to budget for facilities and how much to save for recruiting I am doing it based on say needing to recruit for three open scholarships. So let's say I set aside $20,000 to get those three scholarships filled.

Then, after I've allocated all of my funds, I find out that two players transferred. Now I have $20,000 to spend on five scholarships instead of three. And even if I fill those two in the first round of the transfer window it's shaving $1000 dollars off just to offer the two scholarships.

I just think it makes more sense to know how many players are going to enter the transfer portal prior to setting the budget for the upcoming season.
alternativestats

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion