Use of open Scholarships

Use of open Scholarships

Postby jfsolo23 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:44 pm

I had a graduating class of six seniors and then loss one player to the transfer portal. I feel like I should be able to use any or all of those six ships to go after more transfer players instead of only being able to use the one ships from the player that I loss to the portal.

I really don't want to have a six player class and I know that I can hold a couple back for the next recruiting cycle to balance out the classes better, but also don't want to have to shortchange myself from having 13 scholarship players. It it a design decision or a limit of the game engine to not let those other ships be used in the portal?
jfsolo23

Re: Use of open Scholarships

Postby PointGuard » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:02 am

Is your roster filled with a bunch of walkons? If so, cut that down to 2 and then the available # of scholarships should show up as possible to be filled in the Transfer Portal.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jolo240 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:05 am

That's because of the scholarship limit of 13 players. If your grad class (6 players) were used for transfers, you would have more than 13 players under scholarship which would violate NCAA rules.
jolo240

Postby jlemmen43 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:35 pm

Just curious...do walk-ons transfer? I dont recall ever paying attention to that.
jlemmen43

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:45 pm

No.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:40 pm

OK, I guess i'm not understanding what your situation is. Did you just have 6 players graduate in the past season? If so, did you fill all or some of those 6 available scholarships? jolo240 is right, you can not have more than 13 scholarship players on your roster. If when the transfer portal opens and you have 13 scholarships filled, you can't go after a transfer player. If one or more of your players transferred, you can try to fill those now vacant scholarships with transfer players. If you didn't fill all 13 scholarship players thru your recruiting efforts the prior year, then those extra vacant scholarships can be filled by transfer players...just be sure not to have more than 2 walkons filling spots on your roster because you also have to have available open spots on your 15 player roster.

Separately, if you have many scholarships to fill during recruiting and you don't want a big glut of players in the same class, then one way to alleviate problem is to recruit some freshmen and some JC players so that the classes on your roster are more equalized.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby jfsolo23 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:52 pm

Yeah, you guys are all right, I'm trippin, those six seniors are all still on the roster for this season, my bad.
jfsolo23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2023 General Discussion